MERGED --> How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb-Official Album Title Thread + New Album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Neil said that all the titles that were in the rumour-circuit including the "Atomic" one, we're false.

But HTDAAB does fit the discription of being a political and philosophical album title.

So Neil I forgive you... But don't lie again :(

They must be really confident in it, because the number of puns that would get stuck to a bad album with a title like this is nigh unbearable.

I didn't really like it when it was first fielded, but I think it's already grown on me. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. HTDAAB. I'll be repeating that all night so that I can say it with perfect eloquence.

How to dismantle and atomic bomb...

I really like the title. It sounds like a political album and it clearly states, to me at least, U2's music can overcome these crappy times were in (War, Terisom and such). U2 did step up to plate with a BALLZ title. Good job guys.

I have albums with longer titles in my collection, I have them with shorter titles. Some sound cooler, some don't. After a few months, everybody is used to it.

:shrug:

The contents is more important.

C ya!

Marty (just realised that ITANOMTHUB is ten words and bought LQTCMTHLD a few days ago, which is nine words)

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back & Lo Que Te Conté Mientras Te Hacias La Dormida

Herco said:
I thought Neil said that all the titles that were in the rumour-circuit including the "Atomic" one, we're false.

I think he was talking about titles like Vertigo. When he made that quote, I think speculation that it would be HTDAAB hadn't gotten into full swing. People still believed it would be Vertigo.

In any case, HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB! What an AWESOME title. Someone earlier related it to Bullet, and I think that's right on. It's a powerful and brilliant title that stands out. Maybe it's a risk, yes, but it tells us this album is going to be something a whole lot more powerful than ATYCLB. I CAN'T WAIT.

maybe it will be a bomb shape stage... beign the interior of the bomb people (like the people in the heart), and it will have a little stage aside... (the bomb's "rope" will be the catwalk to the "fire", the mini-stage)

:|

i like it. of course, the name won't make the album, the album makes the album, so i wouldnt care if they called it my personal favorite, armpits

I'm giving it a :down: only because it's yet another long-ass accronym thats hard to remember. (YALAATHTR)

I agree Marty! :up:

It's not better than Achtung Baby or Rattle And Hum in my opinion but it's a good title and I think it says something about the album. It's very direct and big, it’s not a question but an affirmation (so U2 is going to shows us how to do it!!!! Give them new bands a good run for their money!!! :D) It's a stadium sounding name!!! I hope the songs are as big as the title!!!! I’m loving it already!!!

LET THE ATOMIC ERA BEGIN!!!! :evil:

Bloody amazing title. It's going to be an amazing record.

yeah- i think "atomic" will be the word used to associate with the band this time around.

As I said before in another thread, i'm not loving it, hard to get used to I guess. Then again they could call it go f@!*k yourself and I'd buy it and love it!

All That You Can't Leave Behind = LOVE

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb? = LOVE

:heart:

..... i do dread all the jokes and puns though. :uhoh:

Wow, a scoop from U2.com. I figured they wouldn't announce the title until early January.

I didn't know about this title either, so I asked my sister who is not as involved as I am, and she loved it. She said it sounds really heavy, like War, and she thinks it'll be huge.
So, there you go. If the non-U2 obsessed laypeople of the world like it, it might be a hit.

Oh and I love the new photos of them as well.

It looks like Bono's hair is getting all Joshuaey. It'll be in a pony tail in no time! Keep the spray cans away from this man! He's gonna stop the traffic!

I love it too. It really is unique. It sounds like a title Edge came up with though, lol. Which is only fitting if his playing is the focus on this album like it's rumored to be.

as everyone knows i love politics and all, but i just don't like the title. it has nothing to do with atomic bombs and stuff...i don't know it just doesn't ring well for me.

Back
Top Bottom