MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
Ok...now the Complete U2 listing is gone....I can't find it...are they changing the single purchase?! WTF

Ah yeah it's gone now. neat. but I see that we have HTDAAB (International Standard)? :scratch:

Maybe they weren't prepared for a bunch of freaks to be up and waiting for it at 12:01? :lol:

neutral said:

Maybe they weren't prepared for a bunch of freaks to be up and waiting for it at 12:01? :lol:

You know what...I think you're right. I've seen the format of this stuff change at least 3 times....I'm picturing a bunch of Apple people wondering where the hell all this traffic for stuff they are still trying to put up is coming from. Well....too bad! Work faster! :wink:

ive waited four years for this, the last few minutes while stinkin iTunes gets their act together is lasting FOREVER!!!!!!! AHH!!!! :drool:

i can listen to the previews of the unreleased stuff however, and some different versions of some HTDAAB songs are on there, sounds very different, especially fast cars!! called xanax and wine! very cool

i wish that the clips of the unreleased songs hadn't worked either. now that i've heard the clips for native son, etc. i'm foaming at the mouth to get the complete songs.

It's also funny that the entire catalog is up for a massive purchase but Pop and Zooropa are still only partial albums.

I agree with y'all... it's a real dilemma whether to go with the whole set - even with my $50 off coupon.

I have all of the albums, most of the singles w/b-sides. The real gems here appear to be the live stuff from '81 and '89 along with the unrelease/rare stuff.

That said, I count approx. 60 songs I don't have that would be great to complete my U2 music collection.

So when you think about it - $100 isn't that much in the big picture of things and it certainly is a one-of-a-kind thing for U2, Apple and huge step forward for digital music.

Hell, I paid more than $60 for the complete Ella Fitzgerald Songbook and that was about 80 songs... hehehehe.

Everyone enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Anyone else having problems getting the list of songs to come up?

Right now looking at iTunes The Complete U2 has 0 songs in it.

Me thinks maybe the buy one song at a time was a mistake on iTunes part. :(

The site is not letting people who have a cupon that came with the U2 Ipod to use it right now.. even tho there is a link for it.

It give you a msg "not avaliable"

I am sure there is a bandwidth issue or something.
T

It seems as though you can buy most any song on the complete box set one song at a time, EXCEPT for rare and unreleased tracks. I am unable to download any of those. However, I was able to download Always, Fast Cars, and Are You Gonna Wait Forever. So I think...unfortunately (curses madly) you'd have to buy the box set to get the 'Chris Thomas Sessions.'

you could sample the songs earlier.... some cool new tracks off ATYCLB and HTDAAB, like Smile, Native Son, Xantax and Wine (which turned into Fast Cars by the way), and some other cool ones.... :drool:

So it appears Apple has fixed the earlier problems mentioned.

I notice now that the songs that used to have "buy 99" button now say Album Only and there's a link up top for u2 iPod users who have coupons.

I personally am not sure I'm going to spend the $100 (I have an iPod) for these tracks as some I do have and as for unrelease and rare... Stateless? It's on Million Dollar Hotel Sndtrk. Two versions of Numb, as well as Yahweh and others?? Doesn't seem to enticing to me... but who knows. Just hard to spend the money when I have all but maybe 60 of the tracks listed already. hehehe.

Good luck all!

I have all but like 6, no joke, so I am not going to be buying it either, but I do still have a $50 off coupon someone could use if they made me an offer to trade for a show or two or somehing that I might not have (including the very few tracks on there I don't have).

Any takers this would save you $50 on the Box Set let me know: robvox@gmail.com

James U2 said:
Am I stupid? I can't get any kind of song list to show up. Are there no loner .99 tracks available? Just the whole thing or nothing now?

james

No you're not stupid. They apparently took them down for a few hours but they are now back up and everything that is unreleased/rare/or truely desirable is now only available when you plop down the $150.00 for the entire set.

Let's be honest this isn't really aimed at casual fans. It's aimed at hard core fans that have bought the U2 iPod or just bought an iPod and want to have everything on there without digitizing everything.

So to be honest not allowing a la carte means that the set is ridiculously overpriced because for someone like me that owns most of the singles from JT on up and all the albums that I'm paying $150 for two live shows and another disc of rare tracks. The same thing can be had in a record shop on Thompson St. for around $75.

It just defeats the whole purpose of iTunes. Right now U2 and Apple would have anywhere from $10-$20 from me as I downloaded the real rare stuff and maybe some of the live shows. As it is though they've got 99 cent where I downloaded Fast Cars. It just doesn't make a lot of sense and also is a bit of a slap in the face to someone that's gobbled up all these CD's and spent a ton of money on t-shirts and concerts only to be told "Well to get the 6 songs you haven't heard before you're going to have to pay $150.00 for stuff you already bought from us. While you can still pay 99 cent to get your hard drive's 8th version of I Will Follow." Especially since the songs weren't up to U2 standards to sell in the first place which might be justification for not allowing a la cart but then just let them be free promotional downloads.

That said I'm super excited to be hearing these illegally soon. :D

Last edited:
"That said I'm super excited to be hearing these illegally soon..."

Hehe

I agree with every word you said: sad, sad, sad...five hundred pounds, the boys have like a few thousand pounds from me over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom