MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I repeat a few now, it'll take longer for you to hear Xanax and Wine, Native Son, and the alternative versions of Yaweh and Sometimes... :)

I took Stateless off the playlist so it'd loop the sessions/unreleased stuff faster. Should I remove Christmas too? How about Bass Trap (Edited) and Night and Day?

gorman said:
If I repeat a few now, it'll take longer for you to hear Xanax and Wine, Native Son, and the alternative versions of Yaweh and Sometimes... :)

please leave it gorman!!!!!! please......:drool:

gorman said:
I took Stateless off the playlist so it'd loop the sessions/unreleased stuff faster. Should I remove Christmas too? How about Bass Trap (Edited) and Night and Day?

I'd say take those off. That's just me though.

haha. that's a william blake poem.. we just looked at him in my lit class.

That's kinda appropriate really... for an intro to Joshua Tree, since it's the introduction to Songs of experience, which came after songs of innocence.

Last edited:
I have had this tune for years....rare, pffft!

I am with SkeeK take them off, and this one too, heard it tons already, but if others want it, I don't care too much.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Not the Band's problem...

jer2911 said:

150 songs unavailable through legit channels?? ARe you looking at the same list of songs as I am? Since you have identified the list of commercially unavailable songs, perhaps you could be so kind as to list which ones were not available to legit consumers......

ALL of my collection is 100% paid for (CD purchase, Prop membership, etc), in fact I don't even have the tech savvy to get songs from a p2p network.

I'm waiting for you to back up your claim of 150 songs with hard facts........

Ok... not 150 tracks. I came up with 82. More if you aren't a Propaganda subscriber from way back or don't have access to import singles. However, the free-and-clear ones are:

Songs never previously available in a digital format via an offical band release:
Another Day Single (2 songs)
Three EP (3 songs)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock (2 songs)
A Day Without Me (2 Songs)
I Will Follow (2 songs)
An Cat Dubh (Digital Box Set Version)
Into the Heart (Digital Box Set Version)
A Celebration (2 songs)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock (extended version)
Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix)
- Either this or the club were a cassette single-only version
Even Better Than the Real Thing (Trance Mix)
Lemon (serious def mix)
Lemon (momo beats)
Lemon (Trance Mix)
Discothèque (David Holmes Mix)
Discothèque (DM Deep Instrumental Mix)
Discothèque (DM Deep Beats Mix)
Discothèque (DM Tec Club Mix)
Mofo (Romin Remix)
Mofo (Black hole Dub)
Mofo (House flavour mix)
Even Better THan the Real Thing (Live in Paris)
All I Want Is You (Live in Paris)
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Beautiful Ghost / Introduction to Songs of Experience
Xanax and Wine
All Because of You (Alternate Version)
Native Son
Yahweh (Alternate Version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version)
Bass Trap (Edited Version)
Night and Day (Twilight Remix)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix Edit)
Salomé (Zooromancer Remix Edit)
Live From Boston 1981 (13 songs)
Live frOm the Pt Depot (21 songs)
Early Demos (3 songs)

Which, for my money, is still worth $150. But that's just me. Either way, it's more than the
"only 10" one poster mentioned and 40 mentioned by another.

Last edited:
Can't decide between Xanax and Fast Cars... They both have their qualities.

I have to disagree with jmelrose, IF you are saying all of those tracks are new...when in fact most of them have been on singles (i know you said this), and imports.

So in that respect I have to agree that some of us hard-cores from the 80's are getting a bit screwed, but I don't care too much, they really aren't marketing to me anyway, they want new blood: they know my dollar is safely in their pocket.

I stick by my statement that I wish the new U2 fan area of U2.com allowed me to direct deposit my paychecks for this coming year directly. They are gonna get most of it anyway, and this would save me a lot of trouble. ;)

Oh yeah, these are the ONLY tracks new to me (but again I am not too stressed):

Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Beautiful Ghost / Introduction to Songs of Experience
Xanax and Wine
All Because of You (Alternate Version)
Yahweh (Alternate Version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version)

Last edited:
Major props to Gorman! I'm listening to these unreleased tracks right now! :D

h ttp://66.54.81.31:8000/

I am also surprised that no one has taken me up on my $50 Off coupon, all I ask in return is a ripped copy of the tracks I mentioned above, and maybe a rip of the Point Depot show (I have the 2 nights before that particular set).

Well even thought I have all the albums and most of the Bsides, Im still excited about putting all this on my U2pod cuz most of my cds have gone thru hell and back and are all scratched up anyways.
So....... what if I only have dial-up? What should I do? My brother has DSL so could I go to his house to download it all? Or can I do it at home with my dial-up like 100 songs at a time?
Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom