MERGED--> All New Prop/U2.com Membership Discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reggiethedawg

The Fly
U2.com Membership

This morning I was very much surprised to open a letter from Propaganda announcing that U2.com will have its own members area. The letter is as follows...

Dear Propaganda subscribers,

It's no secret that with the success of U2.com over the past four years, Propaganda, the band's official magazine, has appeared less and less frequently.

The net has become the best way to communicate quickly and directly with U2's audience.

As a ground-breaking band magazine, for two decades Propaganda offered a unique inside-track on what U2 were up to - exclusive interviews, unseen photos, rare CD releases and, of course, the chance to guarantee purchase of concert tickets!

We have been working on creating that same experience online and this month U2.com is set to relaunch with a 'Members Only' area which will give subscribers access to an enormous range of exclusive U2 content.

When launched to the public, subscriptions to U2.com will be $40 p.a. but because you were a subscriber to Propaganda and may have part of your subscription unfilfilled, you may join U2.com for $20 for the next twelve months.

A subscription to this area via your personalized "u2.comID Card" will bring you immediate online access to what the band are up to. (See the list of subscription benefits below.)

Of course U2.com will also continue to bring you up to date news of the band, as it does at present on a free subscription basis.

Best wishes and hanks for your support of Propaganda down the years.

Propaganda and U2.com

Subscription benefits:

Here's what U2.com "members only" subscribers will receive:

- Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour available for purchase through U2.com.
- A special introductory gift.
- A U2.com e-mail address (e.g. steve@U2.com) with a web-based mail service like hotmail.
- Exclusive band stories, features and other online content, including on-the-road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off in the Spring.
- Full length audio and video streams and downloads of new U2 material as well as rare and unseen material from the past.
- Access to all archived U2.com news, including Propaganda features over 20 years.
- New mobile phone content, along with innovative applications like screen savers and digital tools.
- 'Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within the revamped Zootopia along with a regular newsletter email to keep you up to speed with band and site.
- 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2 Online Store.

Wow! Sounds like great stuff, and should nicely fill that Propaganda-shaped hole :wink: Also included was a nice lil U2.com Membership Card.

Re: U2.com Membership

reggiethedawg said:
[...]
- Full length audio and video streams and downloads of new U2 material as well as rare and unseen material from the past.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wish I was a Propaganda subscriber, but I don't think it will hurt to part with this $40!

Cool, thanks for sharing. I was browing so quickly through your post, intently looking for ticketing information. Good news, it seems! :)

Re: Re: U2.com Membership

Axver said:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wish I was a Propaganda subscriber, but I don't think it will hurt to part with this $40!

thats probabley $60 or so of Our Dollars...though its not going to stop me...U2 have sucked me into an iPod...dont see why i wont be subcribing.

Re: Re: Re: U2.com Membership

bono_man2002 said:

thats probabley $60 or so of Our Dollars...though its not going to stop me...U2 have sucked me into an iPod...dont see why i wont be subcribing.

Considering the way the exchange rate is at the moment, I think it will actually be around the $47-50 mark. Whatever the case, I'll talk my mother into paying it for me because I'm completely stingy.

:love: :love: got my letter this morning too. I'm gonna be smiling all day today @ work, customers will wonder whats up with me - usually i'm a miserable b**tard:rolleyes:

I'm intrigued by the promise of a free gift too.

We'll all wonder about it for ages and it'll turn out to be crap, I bet :wink:

So, let me see if I've got this right. Prop took my money for the last subscription, promising four issues. They delivered two. Now, in order to satisfy what I'm still owed for my last paid in full subscription, they're offering the rare opportunity to spend more money to get what I'm already owed? And, if I don't take them up on their new "half price" subscription, I guess they consider that they've relieved themselves of their obligations to my first paid subscription? Weak. Very, very, weak.

Propaganda letter

Dear Propaganda subscribers,

It's no secret that with the success of U2.com over the past four years, Propaganda, the band's official magazine, has appeared less and less frequently.

The net has become the best way to communicate quickly and directly with U2's audience.

As a ground-breaking band magazine, for two decades Propaganda offered a unique inside-track on what U2 were up to - exclusive interviews, unseen photos, rare CD releases and, of course, the chance to guarantee purchase of concert tickets!

We have been working on creating that same experience online and this month U2.com is set to relaunch with a 'Members Only' area which will give subscribers access to an enormous range of exclusive U2 content.

When launched to the public, subscriptions to U2.com will be $40 p.a. but because you were a subscriber to Propaganda and may have part of your subscription unfilfilled, you may join U2.com for $20 for the next twelve months.

A subscription to this area via your personalized "u2.comID Card" will bring you immediate online access to what the band are up to. (See the list of subscription benefits below.)

Of course U2.com will also continue to bring you up to date news of the band, as it does at present on a free subscription basis.

Best wishes and hanks for your support of Propaganda down the years.

Propaganda and U2.com

Subscription benefits:

Here's what U2.com "members only" subscribers will receive:

- A special introductory gift.
- A U2.com e-mail address (e.g. steve@U2.com) with a web-based mail service like hotmail.
- Exclusive band stories, features and other online content, including on-the-road reports and diaries when the tour kicks off in the Spring.
- Access to all archived U2.com news, including Propaganda features over 20 years.
- New mobile phone content, along with innovative applications like screen savers and digital tools.
- 'Members-Only' message boards and discussion forums within the revamped Zootopia along with a regular newsletter email to keep you up to speed with band and site.
- 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2 Online Store.

I see those who have gotten the letter live in the UK. I suppose this means, like my prop. mags, I should receive the letter in about 3 weeks, totally outdated. I'm also assuming that the prices listed are not in US currency, thus I will have to pay more than $20 to continue my subscription (quite frankly, those of us with an incomplete subscription should have been reimbursed years ago -my only complaint with the U2 machine).

Last edited:
So, let me see if I've got this right. Prop took my money for the last subscription, promising four issues. They delivered two. Now, in order to satisfy what I'm still owed for my last paid in full subscription, they're offering the rare opportunity to spend more money to get what I'm already owed? And, if I don't take them up on their new "half price" subscription, I guess they consider that they've relieved themselves of their obligations to my first paid subscription? Weak. Very, very, weak.

Propaganda has been like an abusive relationship. They smack me around some, then make up for it by doing something great (like the Hasta la Vista CD). An example of being smacked around was when they offered Elevation show tickets to Prop members for the last tour. We were offered, and I quote exactly, "a very limited number of Golden Circle seats" priced at $135. I shelled out the $135 thinking surely these would somehow be better than the $50 floor tickets. Suffice it to say that as we took our seats in the arena, in the last row, of the first level, half the distance to the back of the arena, I hardly felt that I was in any kind of exclusive club or "golden circle". That was in Philadelphia.

Even worse were the "golden circle" seats at Madison Square Garden in NYC (second level as far back in the arena as we could be). I swear, after that, I was ready to call the Department of Consumer Protection or something on Prop.

it all matters what the "special gift" is for me to dish out $20(already Propaganda member). i can get tix anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom