MERGED --> Album Cover on Amazon + New album cover here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This will be the 7th time the entire band has been on an album cover:

Boy
October
JT
AB
Pop
ATYCLB

This is the first time there sitting down though...:ohmy:

Which could mean a different approach or sound to a U2 album..:ohmy:

Or it could mean there too lazy to stand up..:mad:

Also, Edge is on the left hand side. The only time he was on the left side was on the AB cover (Upper left corner). AB is Edges best guitar album :drool:

Last edited:
--well AB had all different images on it... and you could say the same about the ZooTV tour... zooropa has that same feel.
--Pop had arches on the back cover and had like a high tech "pop arty" feel to it... Popmart had the same feel.
--ATYCLB had a more stripped back basic feel to it, complete with suitcases and hearts etc. etc... and the Elevation Tour had the same feel to it...

so what does this cover tell us about hte new tour? they'll all be sitting down. :hmm::shrug:

Last edited:
U2 have turned into a lounge act is what. the new album is nothing but "playboy mansion" styled songs.

how do you dismantle an atomic bomb?

with love. Hefner style!

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
--well AB had all different images on it... and you could say the same about the ZooTV tour... zooropa has that same feel.
--Pop had arches on the back cover and had like a high tech feel to it... Popmart had the same feel.
--ATYCLB had a more stripped back basic feel to it, complete with suitcases and hearts etc. etc... and the Elevation Tour had the same feel to it...

so what does this cover tell us about hte new tour? they'll all be sitting down. :hmm::shrug:

Maybe this has something to do with Bono repeatedly saying he's old now. :wink:

It could also be that the page is in your browser cache, so if you saw it once, you'll keep seeing it until your cache is emptied.

I didn't see it on the page.

john1800 said:
It could also be that the page is in your browser cache, so if you saw it once, you'll keep seeing it until your cache is emptied.

I didn't see it on the page.

Ok, let test this:
B0006399FS.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I honestly do not believe this is a good cover. I'm assuming its just promo art.

If it is the cover, they wasted a perfectly good oppurtunity to create something special for the album, and instead just put up a run-of-the-mill band shot.

But on the flip side, the people who design the cover and booklet sure did have an easy job.

weird. I thought it looked like Edge is sleeping. Or he should be behind the wheel of an El Camino with hydraulics. One of the two-- I can't decide.

Don't like it...
I saw yesterday that beautiful Corbijn picture and I said: "Please let this be the cover...", so this seems very, very bland. Still, we don't have any confirmation that this is indeed the photo. It could be a promo picture.

I really think just as I said before that this album is going to blow us away and make us even wonder if this is the same band that made ATYCLB 4 years ago.. And that is what U2 is good at doing.. Redefining themselves time and time again.

Rattle and Hum.. And then Achtung Baby was totally different...

Pop.. and then ATYCLB was totally different..

ATYCLB and now this..

Can someone teach me how to make the album cover (at least I am sure it is the album cover) my avatar thingy? :reject:

I am not very tech savy. I have Windows XP, if that matters in making a simple explaination. Or Direct me somewhere. Helph Me.

Roland of Gilead said:
Can someone teach me how to make the album cover (at least I am sure it is the album cover) my avatar thingy? :reject:

I am not very tech savy. I have Windows XP, if that matters in making a simple explaination. Or Direct me somewhere. Helph Me.

Go to Stuck In A Moment - FORUM HELP, you will find threads about it there that will tell you how to do it! :up:

U2 log is right - this photo looks a bit doctored.... Bono's head is tiny! :huh:

Seriously...this looks just...effortless. I would have liked to see more.

Then again, its not like its completley crazy to believe Amazon had requested a picture for an item nearing their top 100 items sold two months before its even released.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Go to Stuck In A Moment - FORUM HELP, you will find threads about it there that will tell you how to do it! :up:

Thanks for your help TheBrazilianFly! I like the Tree, so i'll use this one until they update the avatars section. *hint hint*

Its a nice cover, though it is very simplistic. (not that its a bad thing-JT's cover was pretty simple too) I do prefer the calendar photo though. That would make for a gorgeous album cover.

Please don't let that be the cover. I find it pretty boring, and well, it's not exactly the best shot of Edge.

I love it!!!!!!!

Alot of attitude in the simple design!

Looks like they sqaushed B.R.M.C. and the RAMONES together and threw U2 into the mix!

I tink it represents the styleof vertigo, stripped down, but loud and visceral!!!!!!!

the //// make it look very sharp and 'edgy' aswell!!!!:wink:

To be honest, I don't get this album cover at all. How can they use something so basic for an album that took four years to make? So much work went into it - I expected something deeper and *bigger* in its concept.

But that's U2 - you can never exactly pin them down or predict their next move. I would have used the calendar image with that huge sky and the band standing apart as the album cover - now THAT was a deep photo. That photo made me stop and think for a while, asking questions like, why are they apart here but together in ATYCLB?

Ultimately, it's their album, and they have to be happy with it. Besides, you can't judge anything, especially a U2 CD, by its cover. It's all about content and SOUL!!!

AJ

why does edge's shirt say? i can't quite make it out? and is he wearing tennis shoes? also, larry's jacket looks like its in the shape of a heart... there has to be some more messages in this cover

Back
Top Bottom