LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:crack: Dutch Radio is reporting that there's a new U2 album in december, both channel 2 and 3. Can't find anything online though, and barely heard what else they mentioned so I reckon it's the same old article they're basing it on..

The female collaboration stuff is totally baseless at this point. Just because Madonna posted a photo of an ocean with a mountainous island and mentioned the well-known myth about sirens calling them on to the rocks, when the U2 connection to 'sirens' isn't even confirmed is laughable.

The only other 'evidence' is that some people hear a woman in the Song for Someone clip. I don;t hear anything that sounds remotely like a woman - just Bono and Edge falsetto-ing, or rather Bono signing high, Edge singing an octave down. Either way, that clip is of such poor quality, we can;t possibly confirm with any more than 1% certainty that this equals a female collab in any form on the album. This is getting silly.

For a moment I thought that was Bono on the far right. But no, he couldn't possibly gained so much weight within a few days of Turkish holidays :no:

Seriously, am I the only one who's not excited over a possible Madonna duet? I hope it won't happen. I take Adele over her a thousand times. I hope she stays away from U2 as far as possible, except for the occasional partying picture with good ol' Bono.

Could it be that GO is holding a party in Turkey for U2 and Madonna to celebrate the completion of their albums. Isn't Madonnas new album also due still this year?

I would hate a duet..... like I deeply hate the One duet with Rihanna or Beyoncé, I don't even know. Was so horrible that I can't even remember the name of the other one.

I would also not be too happy to have Invisible on the album, even though I like the song. Ready for 11 or 12 brand new songs, that's all.

Ordinary Love won't be on the album, no chance, it's a side project that has nothing to do with the new album.

I only mentioned OL in the first post because it was talked about fairly extensively in Feb/Mar as a possibility of an alternate version appearing on the album.

Could it be that GO is holding a party in Turkey for U2 and Madonna to celebrate the completion of their albums. Isn't Madonnas new album also due still this year?

Hm, for a moment I forgot the Guy Oseary connection. I guess I'm still not used to see this guy as their new manager. I guess this brings Madonna and U2 closer together in a certain way, and I hope it's not for a musical collaboration.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing and reading about a possible album finalization party in Turkey if that should indeed be the case. I guess it would be quite a bash. Meanwhile, I tend to believe it's a private holiday for Bono. He's family is there, too, and it's his and Ali's wedding anniversary today. But who knows ..

I would hate a duet..... like I deeply hate the One duet with Rihanna or Beyoncé,

Huh, there's a ONE version with Rhianna and Beyonce?!

BTW, dates still available for the iTunes Festival in September:

if there is a remote chance that they consider playing the iTunes Festival I just can see 2 realistic dates .. either opening the festival on 1st or closing the festival on 30th September ... somewhere inbetween wouldn't be U2ish

And Every Breaking Wave, Stingray Guitar, Soon and Mercy?

Tat just leaves Song for Someone. Which we've kind of heard.

Provisional track list:

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
2. North Star
3. Song for Someone (duet with Nicki Minaj)
4. Invisible
5. Soon
6. The Light (duet with Madonna)
7. Mercy
8. The Troubles (duet with Adele)
9. Ordinary Love
10. Every Breaking Wave
11. Vertigo (reprise)

I have nothing against a new version of Every Breaking Wave, as long as it's not over-done.

Besides, who says we'll be getting only 11 songs?

I'm one of the people who thinks that Song for Someone, or whatever that beach clip is, features a female vocal. However, I don't think any of us have ever suggested it's a duet. It just sounds like backing vocals.. nothing worth freaking out over, if true. The singer can be heard in what seems to be the chorus, that's it.. backing vocals.. not duet.. just like in Ordinary Love, just like in Hawkmoon, Red Light, shit even Wake Up Dead Man has some cool female singing.

And if it is more than just a backing vocal, why is Mary J the benchmark? Technically, that was her cover of One, on her album.. not a u2 album. (and it probably did them more favors in terms of relevance than anything else since Vertigo)

There have been nothing but amazing collaborations on U2 albums/releases.. BB, Sinead on Thief of My Heart, Dylan, Lanois, Johnny Cash! Why assume that this one will be shit?

Edit: no one mention "U2 Duets", thanks.. :wink:

Provisional track list:

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar
2. North Star
3. Song for Someone (duet with Nicki Minaj)
4. Invisible
5. Soon
6. The Light (duet with Madonna)
7. Mercy
8. The Troubles (duet with Adele)
9. Ordinary Love
10. Every Breaking Wave
11. Vertigo (reprise)
:tsk: Vertigo (reprise) sounds like GOYB rehash.

:laugh: Oh god, I can only imagine what would happen to this place. Complete outrage, dissappointment, sadness, people handing in their fan cards...

:shifty: it would almost be worth it.

I thought one Interference source said the rumblings were bad?

We've always had very reliable sources around here.

Extremely low Credibility Ratings, reliably, for 14 years.
In fact, you might even say as reasonably close to zero as one might imagine.

It's like golf, right? The lower the score, the better?

Stifle yourself.

That source is quite reliable, though I don't think it was ever inferred the rumblings were *bad* - just that it wasn't any more confirmed than the planned Feb/March release had been (about which that source, along with one other on here gave us a pre-warning that the delay was coming). Since then, that source has appeared far more upbeat...

I update the select very few I talk to privately so really the joke's on the assholes who keep beating their poor lame horse.

Huh, there's a ONE version with Rhianna and Beyonce?!

nahh..... Mary J..... but to me they are all so bad that I can't make any difference.

And yes, in terms of relevancy, Mary J did well for U2 (for the masses), but at least for me it made me cringe big time. U2 is a rock band and I don't care if the are played on the radio or not!

By the way, yesterday I heard Magnificent on the local radio station....:D

nahh..... Mary J..... but to me they are all so bad that I can't make any difference.

And yes, in terms of relevancy, Mary J did well for U2 (for the masses), but at least for me it made me cringe big time. U2 is a rock band and I don't care if the are played on the radio or not!

By the way, yesterday I heard Magnificent on the local radio station....:D

I tell you something: The One version with Mary J. Blige was one of U2's biggest successes. In my countries, it was their most successful single ever. Like it or not but that's as relevant as U2 can get these days.

I really disliked the first time I heard the Mary J version of One.
Still, whenever I hear it on the radio (which indeed does happen) I actually quite enjoy it for what it is.
I am disappointed to learn now that it will apparently be on the new U2 album though :(

Back
Top Bottom