LP13 - The Final Countdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy shit you have to be kidding me..quite clearly they have no freakin clue what this song is about. I mean, just look at their name: ELBOW?!?11!

Plus, they're from the UK? I mean wtf would they know about this subject matter? What fucking nerve they have. I bet Larry is angry they did this!!1!1

#songruinedforme #OURSONG #sacred #noclue #coverssuck

Um, yes, but I forgive Guy everything. Unlike Mary.

So, I assume this has already been discussed at some point. But I was just noticing something about the date for the Apple event announcing the iphone 6.

September 9th is a Tuesday. Tuesdays are album release days. The two previous Apple events for the iphone 4 and iphone 5 have been on Monday and Wednesday respectively.

It's probably just a random coincidence, but does put a little thought in the back of my head that we could have complete silence from the band, and then on September 9th, Apple announces iOS 8, iphone 6, and their renewed partnership with U2, who's new album will be available exclusively on iTunes (for some certain amount of time, maybe at a special price) at the close of this event!!

We already have a good feeling that there will be some tie-in with U2 and Apple. But doing it this way would be pure genius. Why? Because if U2 were to just drop the album on a random surprise date ala Beyoncé, it would cause a minor stir and get some hype from that, but would probably be short-lived and if it was in October would be over-shadowed by other heavyweight releases. (no pun intended Adele)

BUT - to do it on the day of, and in conjunction with, the actual Apple live Event - makes it a much bigger splash, more unexpected, AND they would get MILLIONS more people getting the album announced to them right then and there. People watch these events and to get that many more people's eyes on the announcement would be a really huge deal.

Not to mention - EVERY article written about the Apple event by EVERY news organization, every blog, every tweet, etc... would mention U2's new album along with all the other details. It would be HUGE

Any thoughts?

Ooooh look at all the 9's Release on 9/9, cost of $9.99, 9 new songs plus Ordinary Love and Invisible, 9 years till the next release.

Darn. I had a dream last night where I checked Interference and one of the new album threads had grown overnight to 97 pages... which isn't even possible.

So, I assume this has already been discussed at some point. But I was just noticing something about the date for the Apple event announcing the iphone 6.

September 9th is a Tuesday. Tuesdays are album release days. The two previous Apple events for the iphone 4 and iphone 5 have been on Monday and Wednesday respectively.

It's probably just a random coincidence, but does put a little thought in the back of my head that we could have complete silence from the band, and then on September 9th, Apple announces iOS 8, iphone 6, and their renewed partnership with U2, who's new album will be available exclusively on iTunes (for some certain amount of time, maybe at a special price) at the close of this event!!

We already have a good feeling that there will be some tie-in with U2 and Apple. But doing it this way would be pure genius. Why? Because if U2 were to just drop the album on a random surprise date ala Beyoncé, it would cause a minor stir and get some hype from that, but would probably be short-lived and if it was in October would be over-shadowed by other heavyweight releases. (no pun intended Adele)

BUT - to do it on the day of, and in conjunction with, the actual Apple live Event - makes it a much bigger splash, more unexpected, AND they would get MILLIONS more people getting the album announced to them right then and there. People watch these events and to get that many more people's eyes on the announcement would be a really huge deal.

Not to mention - EVERY article written about the Apple event by EVERY news organization, every blog, every tweet, etc... would mention U2's new album along with all the other details. It would be HUGE

Any thoughts?

I'm so hungry I'd take anything right now.

But honestly, an Apple iPhone announcement is a great way to have eyes on you, I hope something comes out of it.

Holy shit you have to be kidding me..quite clearly they have no freakin clue what this song is about. I mean, just look at their name: ELBOW?!?11!

Plus, they're from the UK? I mean wtf would they know about this subject matter? What fucking nerve they have. I bet Larry is angry they did this!!1!1

#songruinedforme #OURSONG #sacred #noclue #coverssuck

:up:

Any thoughts?

I had been thinking the EXACT same thing when I came here, only to find that you had written it out perfectly.

It would be awesome if it did happen & very smart on the band's part. We know they love Apple and Jonathan Ive. They could play a song or two @ the event on the 9th & have the album available for download immediately. September and October they could play some small teaser shows to hype the album and then announce the world tour in January in support of the album. Sounds good to me!

I had been thinking the EXACT same thing when I came here, only to find that you had written it out perfectly.

It would be awesome if it did happen & very smart on the band's part. We know they love Apple and Jonathan Ive. They could play a song or two @ the event on the 9th & have the album available for download immediately. September and October they could play some small teaser shows to hype the album and then announce the world tour in January in support of the album. Sounds good to me!

I agree. They could play bits of the lead single during video pieces during the event. And then the filming that was happening in Nice, of a supposed Apple promo, would probably kick in as a commercial for the lead up to the actual release of the phone.

I think if U2 doesn't do this, they need new management, headed up by people from Interference. :hyper::wink:

Folks, it's probably a safe best that our next, best source of news will not be an official announcement, but second-hand news on band activity (reports of listening parties, band rehearsals, photo shoot, etc)

If something big is about to happen in September, whether it's for the iPhone announcement (I wouldn't bet on it - Apple's going to make this announcement about Apple) or if U2 are playing the iTunes festival, we'll likely get a sense of it in advance. Even when they're trying to be super secretive about it, something usually leaks.

We've already had a clue that something is happening, thanks to Julian Lennon and the Nice video shoot. I'll bet our next bit of news will be of a similar sort. (And in all likelihood, Super Yo will be the first to report it. :wink:)

Whatever it is, it probably wont give us a clear indication of what's happening, but will instead just lead to more speculation (is that a female vocalist?!?) Speculation is ok though - it's the most fun part of this being in this community.

For now though, it seems we're only getting vacation shots of Bono partying in Turkey and the like, I wouldn't expect any news so long as these pics keep popping up.

So, let the countdown begin! When will we get our next taste?

Folks, it's probably a safe best that our next, best source of news will not be an official announcement, but second-hand news on band activity (reports of listening parties, band rehearsals, photo shoot, etc)

If something big is about to happen in September, whether it's for the iPhone announcement (I wouldn't bet on it - Apple's going to make this announcement about Apple) or if U2 are playing the iTunes festival, we'll likely get a sense of it in advance. Even when they're trying to be super secretive about it, something usually leaks.

We've already had a clue that something is happening, thanks to Julian Lennon and the Nice video shoot. I'll bet our next bit of news will be of a similar sort. (And in all likelihood, Super Yo will be the first to report it. :wink:)

Whatever it is, it probably wont give us a clear indication of what's happening, but will instead just lead to more speculation (is that a female vocalist?!?) Speculation is ok though - it's the most fun part of this being in this community.

For now though, it seems we're only getting vacation shots of Bono partying in Turkey and the like, I wouldn't expect any news so long as these pics keep popping up.

Guys. Can we please resume the Adele conversation? Off topic posts like the above really should be deleted.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I agree that even if my wish comes true about a surprise album drop on September 9th, that we would get some leak prior to that via a loose-lipped employee, intern, or friend of the band.
And while I do think that the Apple event will be about Apple, I think announcing that it will partner with U2 would not be a distraction from the event.

In fact if they are going to announce a change in iTunes radio to a Beats streaming thing, it could fit very well to announce a partnership with U2 to kick it off, and not distract from Apple-centric theme.

Guys. Can we please resume the Adele conversation? Off topic posts like the above really should be deleted.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yes PLEASE! And can we please delve a little deeper into Mary J Blige. I mean, I think we've only scratched the surface.

:up:

I agree that even if my wish comes true about a surprise album drop on September 9th, that we would get some leak prior to that via a loose-lipped employee, intern, or friend of the band.

And while I do think that the Apple event will be about Apple, I think announcing that it will partner with U2 would not be a distraction from the event.

In fact if they are going to announce a change in iTunes radio to a Beats streaming thing, it could fit very well to announce a partnership with U2 to kick it off, and not distract from Apple-centric theme.

All of the Apple tie in makes too much sense for it not to happen. We should be T-17 days!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ooooh look at all the 9's Release on 9/9, cost of $9.99, 9 new songs plus Ordinary Love and Invisible, 9 years till the next release.

I read a rumour that it will also contain a 17-minute cover of "Revolution 9", produced by Danger Mouse, Tedder, Epworth, RedOne, will.i.am, Oseary, Madonna, Adele, and Mary J. Blige.

Can't wait :drool:

I think that if there's any truth to this rumour the only thing that makes sense would have something to do with Beats, either something to do with the streaming service and/or iTunes, or a branded Beats/U2 product (dear god please U2 don't put your faces on a fucking pair of headphones), rather than something like "U2 + iPhone 6".

Any thoughts?

Except, of course, that Tuesdays are only release dates in the US... Mondays are release dates everywhere else in the world.

Nothing's more american than ignoring the rest of the world in order to make your argument make more sense #merica #fuckyea

Back
Top Bottom