LP13: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd expect to see a release date revealed for the album tomorrow (unless the whole album itself is the surprise).

Apple aren't the kind of company who will make a big deal of a U2 release without some sort of a firm release date and a commitment from the band to follow through. They're professionals, and an embarrassing delay from U2 would also damage Apple's credibility.

No more "we hope to have it out..." or "we're almost...". At long last, this will be concrete.

Anything, anything related to the new album would be good.

How long now? I will have to set me alarm early to get some listens in before work tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Seems too good to be true but there's no way we won't have at least a new song tomorrow I'm convinced

I have a feeling it will be Beautiful Day, Vertigo or both. I still don't think they would perform a new song, but who knows.

Why not? They played Invisible and Ordinary Love on Fallon. Maybe they will play Invisible? I'd like to hear a live version that isn't 50 stories up and temps below freezing.

Why not? They played Invisible and Ordinary Love on Fallon. Maybe they will play Invisible? I'd like to hear a live version that isn't 50 stories up and temps below freezing.

Well, they played those songs after they were released. Then again, they played a good amount of unreleased songs during U2360°, but this is an Apple event - I don't think they would go far and play a new song that no one has heard before. I would love to be wrong.

My gut tells me they don't want to be overshadowed by Apple's event, so I'm tempted to think they're just giving us a single, album to release at a separate date. That way there they can have the limelight to themselves.

But they'll tell us tomorrow. Or they better:banghead:

Well, they played those songs after they were released. Then again, they played a good amount of unreleased songs during U2360°, but this is an Apple event - I don't think they would go far and play a new song that no one has heard before. I would love to be wrong.

I don't see the point in them performing if they don't. If it is to announce a new album/singe, or release a new album/single it doesn't make sense to play Vertigo or old songs only. That would be the perfect illustration if irrelevance.

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question. I keep reading how this "U2" are not relevant and there is a comment on that forum where the poster writes something along the lines of "does Apple really expect to get more sales because of U2".

I'm curious, is he/she referring to the same U2 that got 7 million people around the world to spend $736,000,000 during the WORST GLOBAL RECESSION of our time?

Perhaps those are typos and they mean UB40? Just curious is all.

Cosmo out.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

if we get new music and album news tomorrow.. I hope everyone here loves it.. and we can all revel in the new U2 music glow, collectively. diehards in this subforum have been clinging on to nothing for 4+ years.. it's been a fun/terrible ride :wink:

This is really quite exciting. For once, all the speculation and reporting in the press the past week followed by repeated and endless analysed on forums and Tweets looks like it's turning out to be, at least to some extent, true. The NYT is pretty reliable. Well mostly anyway. :)

Tomorrow should indeed by "A Celebration" for U2 fans. I await it with great antici-

Why do people really get their panties in a bunch that some people don't like U2? Who cares?

every1 shouldlike bono n u2 bc they are the best and there music speaks too every1. if u dont like them then u have no cents n prolly lissen too katie parry all day. #coldu2takes #fuckingfreezing

Okay so I'm really fucking excited.

Okay so I'm really fucking excited.

yeah me too, got a case of buds ready to go and camp out
4286526894_ecb2b25226.jpg

but really, this is exciting and excellent news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom