LP13: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you've got to hand it to U2. Somehow they have made the most basic function of any band - releasing music - into "something big."

whoa :up::up::up:

U2 will play a significant part in Apple’s event, which will be held at a performing arts center in Cupertino, Calif., the company’s home base, according to three people briefed on its plans. In addition to performing, the band will reveal an integration with Apple’s products that is connected to its next album, which is expected to come out by the end of the year, according to these people, who spoke anonymously because the band’s appearance — and its deal with Apple — is supposed to be a surprise.

This showing up just after dinner EST the night before, via NY Times exclusively, feels like a super standard calculated 'leak'.

:hyper:

Last week, when speculation about the band’s involvement began to circulate through the music industry, the best guess was that its next album would come installed on the iPhone 6. People close to the band dismissed that idea, but said that U2’s deal with Apple would involve the release of new music in an innovative way, and Apple’s event would partly serve as a big, splashy stunt to generate publicity

I saw the band deny the preload on iPhone6, buy not the part where the band supposedly then confirmed they would be releasing new music in an innovative way.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print.jpg

I saw the band deny the preload on iPhone6, buy not the part where the band supposedly then confirmed they would be releasing new music in an innovative way.

No, that's about the fishiest thing in the article, IMO.

So if the New York Times are reporting it, then this shit is going down #hotU2take

No, it's the idea of them quoting three sources engaged with the event, this time, and not a random twitter post. It's also just detailed enough, as well as including the decline for comment. I don't know. I'm not gonna be disappointed if nothing happens, but this is the first that I've actually begun to expect something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom