LP13: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly care if it's something they've already given us before as long as the songs are good songs. I don't expect an album as good as Achtung or Joshua Tree or [insert your third favorite U2 album here], but I do believe they are capable of writing excellent songs still. And that's fine. Just give me songs I like, I don't care if it sounds like Achtung and Joshua Tree fucked and had a baby, provided it's a good song.

Damn, that's a hot U2 take

giphy.gif

I made a joke about Robert Plant latest single Rainbow, about it being the great new single from U2. And honestly, I am fixated on this song, I've been listening to it for about for 5 days now, non stop. To me its exactly what I ever wanted from U2 at this point. No reinvention, no back to roots. Just uncompromised, heartfelt music, with some atmosphere and a gorgeous melody. No Apple, no small men with big ideas. Just plain good music. After more than 150 million albums sold, 22 Grammys, the biggest tour ever, what else they want to prove?
And even if you think about the more subjective stuff:

In my opinion they...
...made The Joshua Tree and Atchung Baby. The best 80's and 90's albums. Achtung Baby probably is the most influential album of the last 20 years.
... the most spectacular, groundbreaking tour ever... Zoo TV of course.
... one of the most successful comeback albums of all time(ATYCLB)
... they dominated the 80's artistically.
... no band stayed on top for so long as them in history

So what else they expect from themselves in terms of achievements??

Focus on the good music, is all the relevancy they need right now.

damn i haven't been able to get interference to load up for about half an hour - thought something was up haha :D

With the rolling stone mag coming out next week I would hope there's an announcement tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not many. I mean, they would have to reinvent themselves from scratch to be be able to give something they have not given before.

This whole notion that they have to reinvent themselves in order to make a great record is complete utter BS!

I made a joke about Robert Plant latest single Rainbow, about it being the great new single from U2. And honestly, I am fixated on this song, I've been listening to it for about for 5 days now, non stop.

I should never have posted that Plant video.. Ive created a monster! :wink:

Or a commercial for the iPhone.. Beats.. etc

mSjDskb.jpg

The one thing i dont get about that bridge pic is the council said u2 were charged for the use of the bridge now if it was an apple project then surley apple would of been charged?

Rumors of tomorrow also mentioned on the Money page of the USA Today today. "Rumor du jour: U2 will make an appearance." Even mainstream media is spreading it.

We really have nothing solid to believe but i want to be part of this madness... my naive guess is that in the next hours we'll have a teasing mail from u2.com with an anouncement.

yes, i am a member.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using U2 Interference mobile app

We really have nothing solid to believe but i want to be part of this madness... my naive guess is that in the next hours we'll have a teasing mail from u2.com with an anouncement.

yes, i am a member.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not even sure u2.com knows what email is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom