LP 13/Invisible: Please return, there's stuff to see!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't panic about Bono's words, even Achtung Baby had some Lillywhite's work.

I'll be worried if the Fallon show comes and we don't know any release date.

Has a link to this article been posted yet? (Sorry, haven't read back in the previous thread yet).

'Invisible' will debut during Super Bowl, then help raise funds for fight against AIDS

"We're taking all the energy around the Super Bowl and interest in what U2's doing and flipping it," Bono explains, "into the fight against HIV AIDS."

Invisible is not, U2's frontman notes, the first official single from the group's long-awaited new album, expected later this year. "We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album," he says. "This is just sort of a sneak preview — to remind people we exist."

The track was chosen because "it's the first one we finished," Bono says, chuckling. The band has "lots and lots of songs" compiled, he adds, but will continue to work on the album "for a couple of months. We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down."

From atu2;

"...Bono says they chose "Invisible" because "it's the first [song] we finished," and the band has a different song in mind as the first single:

"We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album. This is just sort of a sneak preview -- to remind people we exist."

http://m2.cm/1iSdclQ

Ok...I'm all out of happy now. I'm back to saying that if this album comes out in October, I'm done with these guys, seriously.

I've purchased every U2 album, including deluxe editions, but I'm not buying the album if it comes out in the fall. Those shitsacks.

But seriously though, they'll ride this wave for a couple more months, put out the next track and then we'll know what's up.

Well, Bono has answered the question on most everyone's minds: 'Invisible' will NOT be the first single to kick off the new album. It sounds as though it will be on the album though:

Invisible is not, U2's frontman notes, the first official single from the group's long-awaited new album, expected later this year. "We have another song we're excited about to kick off the album," he says. "This is just sort of a sneak preview — to remind people we exist."

The track was chosen because "it's the first one we finished," Bono says, chuckling. The band has "lots and lots of songs" compiled, he adds, but will continue to work on the album "for a couple of months. We want it to come out this summer, but you don't want to let anyone down."

So now Gaffney, Lillywhite, Will.i.am., Chris Martin and the Partridge Family are going to come in and take over because Danger Mouse is busy and U2 can't just be fucking done with something.

Ok...I'm all out of happy now. I'm back to saying that if this album comes out in October, I'm done with these guys, seriously.

Nah it won't be October.

It will be November. Probably very late November.

Just kidding. It will still be June, no need to worry!

Or could bono be lying only to surprise us on sb with an album announcement? That would be amazing but then again this IS U2 we are talking about so highly unlikely!

Don't do this. Just let it go. It's not going to happen. Happiness and hope are dead. There is only "Invisible".

Well this officially kills any hope of April. People were saying that the album must be done because Dangermouse is going on tour. But no, he's not the only producer and perhaps we should have guessed that.
But I remember last year when April was suggested and I thought "you gotta be kidding me! That far away!" And now June has some doubt about it!

The way I see it, if you start telling yourself the album is 9 months away at least that way you can't possibly be disappointed!

With this news, I really could care less about the new song. Just get the album done and stop screwing around with other projects. They could of easily lent a b-side or some track in the vault for the red commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom