Live is where the heart is ( CRAP thread title )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I was just watching the Slane DVD, and it fucking rocks.. But most of you already know this ofcourse :wink:

Honestly then i dont really give a crap about actually seeing them at the Concert in Denmark. But i am looking forward to a front row seat infront of the good old tv, when a new Tour DVD comes out.

Now U2,, Release the ZooSidney on DVD, and i´ll promise to watch it :wink:

BTW, Wouldn´t it have been cool if that toiletpaper roll had actually hit Bono in the head during New years day ?? ( Slane DVD ),, hehehehe,, Ok, i guess not :wink:

Which DVD do you like the most ?,, Boston or Slane ?

Last edited:
I say thats why there are two dvds (money aside of course)

Slaine is a fantastic example of U2 at their most moving, emotional best whereas Boston is just the perfect Rock show, both are equally as good to me (although I prefer the packaging of the Boston one!) and its entirely mood dependant on which I watch.

Slane, hands down. The emotion is there. The spontaneity is there. Boston feels too scripted. Plus the Slane version of UTEOTW kicks ass. :up:

I love watching the Boston DVD...I watched it last night and just thinking about being back in an arena with the boys really got my adrenaline pumping watching it. And the version of The Fly on that...don't even get me started.....

Slane is much more a relaxed watching experience for me. And I really love the sentiment and feeling of that concert. It's like it's one big family at a noisy backyard gathering. The beach ball and TP are classic.

So after my rambling, I really can't pick. I love 'em both.

I own Slane, not Boston.

Strangely enough, though, I prefer the Boston one, because it feels more like the concert than Slane -- that's a show all on its own. And as others have stated, the production of the Boston video was definitely superior.

miss becky said:
Slane, hands down. The emotion is there. The spontaneity is there. Boston feels too scripted. Plus the Slane version of UTEOTW kicks ass. :up:

You said it miss becky. Boston feels so "produced", it was awesome, before the Slane DVD came out. Since Slane i find it hard to go back and watch the Boston show. The emotion in Slane just adds to the brilliant music.

Who's with me in hoping the band does a Rattle and Hum 2-disc special edition formatted like the other DVDs they've released?

Special features could include:
- the 1988 special "U2 Making of Rattle and Hum" hosted by Robbie Robertson
- 5.1 sound
- audio commentary by the band w/ Phil Joanou
- outtakes
- trailers

- and the piece de resistance... a repressed version of Excerpts from Rattle and Hum!!!

yimou said:

Now U2,, Release the ZooSidney on DVD, and i´ll promise to watch it :wink:

I would give anything to see Zoo TV Sydney on DVD. In fact, in my dream world, that would be packaged right alongside the AB Videos, Cameos, and Interference. I mean, who else wants to see the original video for UTEOTW on DVD? :)

My vote goes to the Boston DVD but that's because I'm in it for a millionth of a second at the end of The Fly and I recall that night as one of the most fun and uplifting of my life.

Were you not there though, you wouldn't know all of the little things they cut out of the dvd that made that night even more special. Slane is magnificent, however, and you clearly didn't have to be there to feel it.

Re: Re: Live is where the heart is ( CRAP thread title )

miss becky said:

I would give anything to see Zoo TV Sydney on DVD. In fact, in my dream world, that would be packaged right alongside the AB Videos, Cameos, and Interference. I mean, who else wants to see the original video for UTEOTW on DVD? :)

I would,,,

Damn it U2,,, Release it

Back
Top Bottom