LIVE AID 18th anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be cool if this were released on tape or DVD with some profits going to Africa. But I understand how much would be involved and why it was never done. U2 was one of the best performances of the day, and yes, all the guys were so cute :cute:

OMG, I remember that day. It was great. You couldn't tear me away from the TV set. I kept waiting for U2's set......then it came on. Wow! They and Queen were the best performances of the day. I was speechless after U2's performance. Yep, that did it. They were stars after that.:yes:

GREAT pix! Thank you! :up:

I remember that day too, very hazey - too long ago but seems like yesterday, but I do remember seeing the U2 bits. The way Bono is so tender and passionate there - WOW. I think he surprised everyone. And the band perfectly was right on w/ him.

Did you know Bono thought he had done a bad job and had hurt the band and drove for hours in the country crying? He had no idea, he had created a legend and enhanced their career beyond their wildest dreams! :) It was better than anyone could have wished for.

Seabird said:
Did you know Bono thought he had done a bad job and had hurt the band and drove for hours in the country crying? He had no idea, he had created a legend and enhanced their career beyond their wildest dreams! :) It was better than anyone could have wished for.

Aww! :sad: Poor Bono. Yeah I remember an interview where he talked about worrying that he had ruined things. Wow what he didn't know is he majorly touches his fans by the things he does like that. The spontanious and the charismatic ways about him is part of his appeal, IMO. :)

Seabird said:

:(.

Awww! Poor guy! :hug: :bono:!

No, no, Bono, from all the talk I've heard about this whole thing, sounds like you and the rest of the guys did just fine! And from the clips I've seen, I must agree.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom