LAPOE ending!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
Does anyone else think that the guitar work and vibe at the end of this song is the best thing they have done in a long, long time?

I agree, its fantastic..I said in another thread that i think this will be one of U2's best rock songs..it sounds very much in the spirit of their darker '90s rock stuff while still sounding quite different for the band.

I have heard the (nearly) full length spanish beach clip version that has been available for long time.

thank you hoodlem, something postive :up:

The guitar work on the whole song is phenomenal, and out of the 6 songs we've heard (or part of), I think it might be my least favorite. THAT is the reason why I'm so hyped about HTDAAB, cause I love this song.

The 8 german reviewers gave this song very good critics! I've also heard the beach version and the other 5 songs and I think that it's their least best so far!

-> very good sign!

I'm delighted there is a song like this on the new album because U2's '90s glam-rock tunes have always been my favourite-sounding songs...I hope ABOY shares some of the feel and guitar sound...:)

of coarse I can't find the thread where someone (thank you someone!) tipped that Amazon is offering a speical 5 minute snippet u2 commentary about the new album - LPOE is feature (for about 30 sec but...) dear loard that song is going to be amazing
well worth the hassel in cx my order and reordering the collectors edition
btw you have to order the collectors ed to see this

I haven't heard LAPOE. I mean, I tried to, but the clip sounded so awful to me that it wasn't worth my time. But, when the track by track reviews came out a couple of weeks ago, and I read the description of LAPOE, I knew instantly that it was going to be my favorite on the album. They did a fantastic job in describing it that I got a little "exicted"....well, not THAT excited, but you get my point.:drool:

This song seems so dark and sinister...I LOVE IT!

Yet the chorus is almost happy sounding and then it goes back to the sinister guitar of the verse...then the quiet chiming beauty of the bridge....and then the bone-crushing guitar solo at the end!!!!

It just doesnt get much better than this!

I'm waiting for the raw live soundboard versions of these song...
Then they 'll have extreme full-on Edge endings...
5 months and counting :yes:

Love And Peace Or Else really sounds the most promising from what I've heard... According to my taste anyway!

Bring on the 22nd!

Back
Top Bottom