Just saw Edge and Wyclef performing on TV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Just seen Edge and Wyclef performing on TV!

Funky shit!!! Think Larry was there too but he didn't take part! It was a show in Dublin, the Witnness specials, and it was Wyclef's gig, at the Ambassador, tickets were raffled and there was only 1000 so I missed out:mad:
But what a show! They only showed snippets and backstage footage for an hour but apparently it lasted 3 hours and Edge came on for 15 minutes doing a U2 medley! Early on Wyclef started a big "shout out" to the Edge who was in the crowd, and then the whole band went into a majorly funky version of SBS, it was great!!! With guy mixing on the decks and all!!!:drool:

Then he said his dream was for Edge to join him on stage and low and behold them man came down, he took Wyclef's own guitar and both of them started jamming, a really weird instrumental version of WOWY was shown on TV but I think they did more than that, apparently Knock Knock Knockin On Heaven's Door reggae style but maybe the reporters mistook WOWY cos it was so fucked up!:eeklaugh: In a good way though! Obviously not rehearsed cos Edge took a while getting to grips with Wyclef's guitar.
After the gig backstage Edge was in with Wyclef and said something about irony because of the big guitar solo's, that they started as a punk band to stop "arseholes doing 40 minutes guitar solos":laugh:

Wyclef himself was class, climbing up on the balcony at one stage, the guy is nuts!!! Definitely checkin him out next time he's on these shores!

I saw it on Irish Tv channel TV3 aswell but if we are being honest it shows how weak The Edge is without his pedals and dallas schoo!!!!

I know i'm going to be lashed for saying this but truth hurts!!

it's not just edge...not many ppl can play well. cold and unrehearsed, but yes edge

is an effects man....
LAzy, that sounds a very special event indeed.....hey I like the idea of "raffle tickets", I'd have been in with a chance:eeklaugh:
But Wyclef...his duet 'Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right" is on the charts here at the moment. It appears on RAGE just before "electrical storm" I have had the chorus stuck in my head since Saturday...shame I don't know the rest of it.
I saw an old" Fugees" clip on the weekend too. he and Lauren Hill really sweep on to the scene at an interesting time and broadened a few people's minds
If he makes his way to Oz...I wanna see/hear too.

I remember he closed the Netaid show. I have it on tape somewhere. It wasn't well supported and he had a subdues crowd. i remember thinking that man is working his heart out and his arse off right this minute. I don't kno wthat much about him, but he seems to be a giver.
"Bono won't you sing with...keep your head up, cause a NEW DAYS' GONNA COME..."

Good luck in 2003 lb:yes: :wave:

PS:You mentioned "the balcony"... I can't remember when or where, but I love that pic of Bono clambering over the balcony at an Iggy pop show. I think Edge was helping him...it was classic... Brothers' in mischief...a pair of punks!!:sexywink:

U2LIVECD, I think yer been a bit harsh, come on like, I know very little about guitars but even I can tell that there is a big difference between Edge's normal guitars and WYCLEF's! I thought he obviously looked a bit uncomfortable with it, but man he did ok! Some really funky bits and don't think they showed it all either!
And hi there Like 02 and Cass:D:wave:

Back
Top Bottom