Is this album a classic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
i only hope you were kidding about green day. i can't stand them.

and franz ferdinand is awesome.

There'll be no stopping Franz Ferdinard once they stop ripping off other musical genres. Awesome...

Interpol sounds very close to The Killers and Franz Ferdinand as well...but all 3 bands have one thing in common they really need to go to school to learn how to write lyrics.

Axver said:
It's a classic for me right now, but I consider UF to be a classic and AB not to be, so it's a very subjective classic rating. Whether or not the album is a classic to the general public will depend on its performance live, its longevity, and how it is perceived many years down the track.

Odds are, though, that many people are far too stuck in 1987-1991 and aren't willing to acknowledge that anything but JT and AB are classics.

Not me, War is my favourite :reject:

shaun vox said:
atyclb and htdaab are the same album(just different songs)

nobody talks about atyclb and im sure no one will talk about htdaab in 10 years .

WAR, JT, and AB!

Nobody really mentioned Adam's bass playing on ATYCLB, while he "owns" a few of the songs on "How to." I.e. "Vertigo" "City" and "A man & a woman" well IMO.

People here don't really talk about ATYCLB because threads often get closed when that happens. :shrug:

As I've said before, once all the arguing dies down over "U2 repeating themselves" on HTDAAB, time is going to be very kind to the album, so many great songs, its won't matter in 5 or 10 years that it wasn't a mould-breaker.

Everytime I see your name, I go "sleep over jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more". Don't know why.

Zoomerang96 said:

yes, well put.

and i suppose radiohead = a coldplay clone, yes?

So Radiohead cloned a band that no one knew about until at least six or seven years after RH formed?

I know you were being sarcastic, but...

Yahweh said:
Interpol sounds very close to The Killers and Franz Ferdinand

no.

interpol are MUCH better than the killers and FF, lyrically AND musically. they just are.

interpol and franz are miles above the killers. what do you have, tin for ears?

Im still listening to It! All the time. Hearing the San Diego bootlegs give some songs even more 'depth' or 'feeling'. Esp Yahweh which i liked anyways, but the acoustic version is so cool with the entire audience singing along to the chorus.

This album still ranks VERY highly with me

Bizza.

Yes Interpol are far better in every department than those bands whom I love also:|

Carlos D does rock the bass imo:wink:

bonosleftone said:

Franz Ferdinand have been together since 2001. Their album came out well before the Killers', how can they be a clone?

Nimrod.

It dont matter simpleton. Win some lose some. FF lost.

Seeking Adam said:

It dont matter simpleton. Win some lose some. FF lost.

To be honest kids both are clones of previous generations. Didn't you realise neither were original in any way? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom