Is there anything about U2 we can agree on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there anything about U2 we can agree on?

Galeongirl said:

I DISAGREE! :madwife:

I consider myself a PLEBAn, and still there are a few Bono pictures who I absolutely hate with a passion as big as the one which I love the man with..... it's called Baldie... and it scares me to death

:shh: and I don't like Larry pics either.....

:love: but I agree on your last point!

Well, to my defense, I did see that the women of PLEBA "seem" to love all pictures. That is, it is a judgment call on my part. Lawyering 101. :D But you are right - as a male who enjoys PLEBA because y'all find so many great photos, there are some that are fantastic and some that are so horrid I'm amazed that they were ever released. Of course, that's actually a good thing. If "stars" only take great photos, it's almost fake. That is, we need that ugly shot of Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie or U2 or any other famous person - it helps us accept them as human.

And yes, the last point I think will be true from now on. In fact, if I were U2, I'd have the download available on iTunes about a month before the CD release. This way, U2 and their label can get some $$ from all those downloads. The fans will buy the CD anyway (how else does U2 still have 3x or 4x Platinum albums in the illegal download era?), but we can at least satiate our desire to hear new U2 right away. :yes:

CKONE said:
T
Is it possible to agree on anything?

Even if you wouldn't have picked the setlist, are standing at the back of the floor, and like another tour better, U2 shows are always a crazy fun time...?

"you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all the people some of the time, but you cant please all the people all of the time"! springs to mind here

corianderstem said:
We can agree that Bono is the lead singer, Edge plays guitar, Adam on bass, Larry on drums.

I'd say we could agree that they're Irish, but another thread on this forum might negate that. :wink:

What about '40' (Adam on guitar, Edge on bass), Van Deiman's Land and Numb (both with Edge on vocals)?

fandangamoq said:

What about '40' (Adam on guitar, Edge on bass), Van Deiman's Land and Numb (both with Edge on vocals)?

LEAD singer, means Bono sings most things... doesn't mean Edge cannot be singer for two occasions...
a bass guitar is a guitar aswell :hmm:

JT was the bands deal with the devil album. Where it may not be as good as AB (as people would say not me personally) there is nothing that even comes close to it's sound. It is the album that launched U2 to superstardom. AB just continued to keep them there.

It seems as though everyone would at least agree that Achtung Baby is a strong album; i.e., that it is not terrible. It is the only album that I have not seen explicitly bashed in these forums, although I have not really been here very long.

Can we all agree that The Edge is on fire?

edgefire.gif

Bono keeps saying so anyway :wink:

cdisantis83 said:
It seems as though everyone would at least agree that Achtung Baby is a strong album; i.e., that it is not terrible. It is the only album that I have not seen explicitly bashed in these forums, although I have not really been here very long.

:shh: Axver's listening...

Back
Top Bottom