Irving Plaza 2000 show- your opinion!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy5554

The Fly
What do you guys think about this show?

I am blown away by Bono's vocals. I really think every song was sung just about perfectly. I think it has the best version of Elevation ever.

LOVED THIS SHOW.

my highlights:
-New York was awesome
-Won't Get Fooled Again...great cover
-11 O'Clock Tick Tock

but Elevation was great...great show

This IS the best version of Elevation ever. So amazing. My favorite track here though is Mysterious Ways with Sexual Healing. Fucking awesome.

This boot is a gem! Highly recommended! I think I listen to this show more than any other from this period except maybe the Slane shows. Even the messed up Bad is killer. The closing for One with the Walk On snippet is so intense. And yes, Mysterious Ways is unforgettable too. "My baby is having a baby!" You can't start a song much sweeter than that.

it's the best performnace of Mysterious Ways ever -- just perfect. you can't plan out that kind of perfection. then ending with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock and Won't Get Fooled again was just spectacular. one of the best shows in u2 history.

i actually one have a few songs from it, i lost the bootleg a few months back.

anyone know where i can get it?? thanks

Why they have not released 'Wont Get Fooled Again' as a b-side baffles me - amazing cover done up in a very U2 mold

The band was on fire, but Bono's voice was rough and raspy :ohmy: It seems like Joe Cocker singing U2

The first elevation nights are way better than this ATYCLB promo gig :drool:

Brilliant show, great DVD too. Love that version of Elevation with snippet of "Creep", and Mysterious Ways is tied 4 my favorite version along with Zoo TV Versions.

Back
Top Bottom