Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent as "dancey electro"?? That wasn't my impression from the beach clip. Very interesting.

I just hope the album is a hell of a lot better than the single, put it that way.

Me too, if this album has only songs at the same level of Boots or even a higher one, then it's definitely a masterpiece and probably will be one of the best albums ever made. If. :wink:

Me too, if this album has only songs at the same level of Boots or even a higher one, then it's definitely a masterpiece and probably will be one of the best albums ever made. If. :wink:

You know, a weird thing happened yesterday. So I've been listening to Boots a lot and decided to take a break and go back to ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Everything on those two albums just sounded so ... simple... after listening to Boots. I guess what I love most about GOYB is the layered complexity - the depth of the sound and the production. I'm really excited for NLOTH if that depth remains throughout. :hyper:

You know, a weird thing happened yesterday. So I've been listening to Boots a lot and decided to take a break and go back to ATYCLB and HTDAAB. Everything on those two albums just sounded so ... simple... after listening to Boots. I guess what I love most about GOYB is the layered complexity - the depth of the sound and the production. I'm really excited for NLOTH if that depth remains throughout. :hyper:

Funny, i was listenning to Beautiful Day today and it sound so big, so inspired and uplifting compared to Boots. It was like an anthem versus a filler...

that's funny, because i did the same thing, though i did listen to both those albums using my superior tracklists that i made. still, i agree with you.

though, can you really trust my opinion considering i'm a.....

sheep.jpg

so do you think the larrystuff clip with that guitar riff is NLOTH or Stand Up Comedy? sort of sounds like a "crunchy" guitar riff, so maybe the former....but the RS seemed to imply that they had just come up with the alternate version of NLOTH so maybe not.

I have to say, one of the tracks I'm looking forward to the most is Fez - Being Born. Just seems like it's going to be one of the more unique tracks (the title alone being indicative of that) and will have some nice shifts sonically and in song structure. That and Breathe. That song is fucking awesome even when you're listening to a barely audible beach clip.

Same here too boots is a lot more interesting tune! i Can't wait for NLOTH

:up::up:

Except that I've been feeling that way since I've heard for the first time. :wink:

Btw, let's see if I manage to not listen Boots again until the album comes out. It's been 8 days and I'm hanging on. :D

so do you think the larrystuff clip with that guitar riff is NLOTH or Stand Up Comedy? sort of sounds like a "crunchy" guitar riff, so maybe the former....but the RS seemed to imply that they had just come up with the alternate version of NLOTH so maybe not.

i'm hoping Stand Up Comedy is the riff from the Lanois film.

I have to say, one of the tracks I'm looking forward to the most is Fez - Being Born. Just seems like it's going to be one of the more unique tracks (the title alone being indicative of that) and will have some nice shifts sonically and in song structure.

from Rolling Stone

"Tripoli"
This strikingly experimental song lurches between disparate styles, including near-operatic choral music, Zooropa-style electronics, and churning arena rock.

from II
8 'Fez -- Being Born'

On first listen, easily the album's most adventurous and challenging track with ambient synthy hooks.

Could this be Tripoli? ^

from Rolling Stone

"Tripoli"
This strikingly experimental song lurches between disparate styles, including near-operatic choral music, Zooropa-style electronics, and churning arena rock.

from II
8 'Fez -- Being Born'

On first listen, easily the album's most adventurous and challenging track with ambient synthy hooks.

Could this be Tripoli? ^

i'm thinking so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom