Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent song. Brian Barton has taken them in the right direction - very tidy and sleek production. If they've got a bigger tune than this as a lead single off the album then it bodes well.

Anyone else remember before NLOTH they talked about a "blue eyed soul" track with NEU and Can influences? I could easily see this being that song.

I can't believe it, I just opened iTunes to look at the countdown, and it was just there.

You are indeed King today mate. You should petition the mods to change your name to just "GOD"

:lmao:

Thank you immensely. I'm just glad I was in the thread at the exact moment you posted. Between you me and Ashley we were probably among the very first to hear it. :up:

Absolutely love it. The boys are back. Feel a bit emotional. Like a special friend arriving back in your life after you haven't heard from them for years.

I quite like OL but compared to this.... this has reminded me what this band are all about. Love it.

What does everybody think will happen with Invisible after the official 24 hours will be over? Will it still be available? I assume it will, but not for free. There's no way it will simply disappear.

I liked the original Ordinary Love a lot better (not the overrated remix with 2 magic markers and overall loss of dynamics). This song, Invisible, teases with an intro that sounds like Joy Division, but once that main riff starts I'm back in the City of Blinding Lights. Another surging, anthemic U2 song fit for a stadium...in other words, generic sounding U2. I don't know what everyone else is hearing, but this song after 3 listens is nothing special. I think Ordinary Love was a fresh sounding, modern sounding track. And reminded me NOT of Coldplay....this, on the the other hand, does. Sorry to be a downer, but after reading pages and pages of rave reviews I expected to be blown away.

Invisible - Reactions Thread

My daughter just came downstairs and said she's listened 10 times already and loves it. She said..what's the deal, are they releasing a new album? When I said "yes"...she says..."WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FINISH lT!!!! :cry:"

Younger folks are enjoying it! My sister is a U2 hater, but she said she liked it very much!

Btw: Thank You so much God Part II

I have one question: our download will count to the charity? Or only the downloads after the countdown?

I don't openly hate many Coldplay songs. They've got some catchy stuff in terms of melody. However, Chris Martin is an insufferable twat in every way imaginable. So if a new U2 song kinda sorta sounds like Coldplay, I'm not immediately hating it...because it's Bono's voice and Bono >>>> Martin by a million miles.

Having said that...I don't think this sounds like Coldplay.

I don't think there's a single song on NLOTH that rivals the energetic heights of that Invisible chorus. Several things I don't like about it still, but I'm not really complaining.

^ I don't hear Coldplay in this either. It's far more Killers to me. It's modern, for better or worse.

I think what surprises me are the lyrics; musically it does sound pretty fresh and kind of jumps right out. But I'm impressed by how much I feel that "I'm more than you know/ More than you see here/ More than you let me be" are such a powerful lines.

For once, Bono seems to take the center stage and doesn't disappoint with anything insipid.

I really, really like it.

I am a happy woman this morning.

Now off to read how everyone else hates it.

I have one question: our download will count to the charity? Or only the downloads after the countdown?

This is a good question, but I just out of curiosity tried to download twice, and it worked. It asked me if I wanted to "buy" the free tune again, and I said yes.

So maybe just for good measure after the Super Bowl commercial airs I will try again. :hmm:

Having said that, I do believe on iTunes it is described as (RED) edition...so it probably all counts.

I liked the original Ordinary Love a lot better (not the overrated remix with 2 magic markers and overall loss of dynamics). This song, Invisible, teases with an intro that sounds like Joy Division, but once that main riff starts I'm back in the City of Blinding Lights. Another surging, anthemic U2 song fit for a stadium...in other words, generic sounding U2. I don't know what everyone else is hearing, but this song after 3 listens is nothing special. I think Ordinary Love was a fresh sounding, modern sounding track. And reminded me NOT of Coldplay....this, on the the other hand, does. Sorry to be a downer, but after reading pages and pages of rave reviews I expected to be blown away.

The Intro is kind of a bait and switch, you start thinking it's gonna be something completely different. The track is a great U2 track, it just seems to me the opening bars are kind of off center.

it reminds me of Coldplay (sorry), it's the U2 sound with a wave of keyboards wrapped around it- so a bit different from recent albums- but very recognisably U2 and very stadium friendly

Lets have the album now please

I hear a mashup of 80's synth sounds combined with a wintery Big Country thing and a little of EBTTRT and BD..........

Sounds good to me. I don't hear an ounce of Coldplay in this.
OL yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom