Invisible - Reactions Thread (Do not post song requests - Discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah this is a big song. To not release in the near future would be giving up on the momentum and excitement this should create. At least I hope...

i think there's a really interesting contrast in the pretty heavy lyrics and the upbeat vibe in the music - it's quite striking, and works really well!

Invisible - Reactions Thread

It's ok. The intro is refreshing, and the guitars retain all the typical edge tone without being reduced to the total one-trick boring trash that was pretty much everything on htdaab. The lyrics don't make me cringe. The multi syllabic them in "there is no theeyyeeyeeeyum" sucks, but the song is certainly more good than bad. Not really enough to make me care about the rest of the album if it ever comes out, but i don't hate it.

To paraphrase Bono : this is a sound Coldplay, The Strokes, The Killers, Kings Of Leon etc. stole from U2...we're stealing it back.

This song really has me interested now in the whole theme of the album that Bono talked about--the younger vs. mature band. Clearly this is the former, and it certainly sounds very youthful and exuberant :up:

I think the main synth riff (is it a synth riff?) will be played live by Edge's guitar. In fact later in the song, it's played with guitar too. And actually there are walls of guitar sounds.

Regarding the drum pattern, I think Larry could do very well this with traditional drums; probably there'll be even more punch.

In a nutshell, I guess it will be rockier live.

They were able to get it again! Holy shit! I'm really, really impressed, exceeded my expectations. I really love the intro, and everything else! What a song! :hyper:

Wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe what I was listening to in the first few seconds but after that I got a huge smile on my face and was pretty much laughing my way through the rest of the song. The good kind of laughter - the "holy shit the BOYS ARE BACK" laughter.

Wow, so awesome. Time for another listen. Is that big synth sounding thing Edge!?! If so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to replicate that tone!

:heart:
I do see most of the references to current artists. But lets not forget...our band help forge the landscape of music for the past 30 years. This song (and hopefully the summer album) is them reclaiming their sound!
:heart:

This.

But it's fresh at the same time.

What a great way to wake up this morning!

"I didn't even want the heart you broke...it's yours to keep...you just might need one...Im more than you know....more than you let me be....I'm more than you know....you don't see me, but you will, I am not invisible....I don't even think about you that much"....those lines just brought tears to my eyes. Lyrically, this is some of their best work in recent years.

I already like this song better than most of NLOTH.

Sounds like during the recording of Boy, the 17 and 18 year old boys from Dublin pulled a flash-forward in time from 1980 to the Achtung Baby era and then decided to release it in 2014 for our ears to have their own synthesized sex party to.

Or, in other words, this song is great and I just love it to death. It will easily be my most-played song of the week.

Bono's voice sounds so fresh and vibrant. Edge's guitar work is light and airy...sound a little like someone grabbed Out of Control and threw it in a baby-making oven with The Fly and sprinkled a little Smile on top for flavor. Larry's banging on those drums with such a youthful energy. Adam is getting some pretty awesome guitar work in there too....can't wait to hear this song love...seems like it would be a great show-opener.

In other news, my sister and her college roommates (who are all fans of the 'popular Grammy music' of these days....stuff like Drake, Beyoncé, and that kind of stuff, things that are the opposite of U2) were in the car as I listened to this. It made them all shut up and stop talking...then my sister, who knows I love U2, asked, "What song is this?" And when I replied, "It's U2's new song, Invisible" her jaw dropped and she was like, "THAT is U2! Send that to me!"

All of her friends loved it as well.

I feel like this song is going to be a hit. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

I think the main synth riff (is it a synth riff?) will be played live by Edge's guitar. In fact later in the song, it's played with guitar too. And actually there are walls of guitar sounds.

Regarding the drum pattern, I think Larry could do very well this with traditional drums; probably there'll be even more punch.

In a nutshell, I guess it will be rockier live.

The main riff is definitely guitar. Edge is actually making awesome sounds again... that element was woefully lacking from No Line.

^^^ Yep, on second listen it sounds like Edge on slide. Damn, have to get to work on that!

I get the biggest smile on my face when that huge synth melody comes in over the beginning. Wow. :applaud:

It's interesting to hear their new sound....light & airy. It makes me hope the album sounds more casual, & not "we've worked these songs to death", which is what I got from the last two.

That being said, it's a thumbs down from me. Sounds like it could be off of Coldplay's last album. It doesn't sound like there is anything really catchy or "hum"-able to it, which is why I think people who are saying it will be a hit are kind of crazy.

I finally found my real name,
I wont be me when you see me again!

(a nice way to introduce the album indeed)

It doesn't sound like there is anything really catchy or "hum"-able to it, which is why I think people who are saying it will be a hit are kind of crazy.

I'm humming the "There is no them"-part while typing this. It's stuck in my head, won't get out.

It's interesting to hear their new sound....light & airy. It makes me hope the album sounds more casual, & not "we've worked these songs to death", which is what I got from the last two.

That being said, it's a thumbs down from me. Sounds like it could be off of Coldplay's last album. It doesn't sound like there is anything really catchy or "hum"-able to it, which is why I think people who are saying it will be a hit are kind of crazy.

Remember Bono said that there's another song they want as a first single. This should be on the new album because it fits the theme.

The writing sounds in the uplifting vein of ATYCLB. But the production adds new values. I'd say at this point, very distant from 'Atomic Bomb' and NLOTH. Similar emotions to ATYCLB, but updated to this age we're living.

A good, solid, strong enough song for them to return with.

That guitar synth hook is great....definitely catchy.

Everyone sounds good. Production very nice.

I hope the album carries this all forward coupled with some deep and dark U2 as well......it could wind up being a AB meets ATYCLB kind of thing.

I'm humming the "There is no them"-part while typing this. It's stuck in my head, won't get out.

I agree, actually. You are right. I think they just used it wrong. When I heard the preview, I thought "Man, this is gonna be anthem!". And then they just those lyrics on the outro. They aren't even the chorus. There is no chorus, actually.

Very proud of Edge using an 8th note delay as opposed to his classic dotted 8th delay on this! It's subtle but it really adds a lot to those light guitar parts.

The light whispering of "Invisible" and maybe some other things after the first chorus is very cool, sounds like something on a Vampire Weekend album or something

I agree, actually. You are right. I think they just used it wrong. When I heard the preview, I thought "Man, this is gonna be anthem!". And then they just those lyrics on the outro. They aren't even the chorus.

Figures they would put it there. U2 loves singalong outros. 40, anyone?

I agree, actually. You are right. I think they just used it wrong. When I heard the preview, I thought "Man, this is gonna be anthem!". And then they just those lyrics on the outro. They aren't even the chorus. There is no chorus, actually.

Just wait, though, because there's a very good chance they're going to expand on that bit, at least a little, based on what was in the L.A. Times piece.

100% delivers, can't imagine this puppy live. Lyrics are amazing, hook is great, and Bono voice money. FYI loving the intro

It's gets better, they think they have a better lead single than this!

Great day to be a U2 fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom