I'm irritated today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catwoman

The Fly
First of all,I've been standing outside Four Seasons Hotel all day waiting for a glimpse of the boys,esp.Bono-with my copy of the Rattle & Hum book ready to ask him to sign it...watching limo after limo park at the side of the hotel thinking that surely one of these stupid limos would be waiting for the guys to pick them up and feeling like a idiot when some nobodys came out instead of U2.
I was cold,and legs were hurting,but I thought it would be worth it if I could meet them.
I guess they stayed somewhere else,or I got there too late.
But that doesn't matter, cause right now I actually feel like crying.

And to make matters worse,I just found out about some limited edition of Atomic Bomb with some song called Fast Cars on it,which I guess I'll never hear,cause I really don't feel like spending more money on the same CD I already have just because they couldn't bother to put the song on the regular CD,instead of coming up with some limited edition mess,just to get more money out of you.

catwoman said:
First of all,I've been standing outside Four Seasons Hotel all day waiting for a glimpse of the boys,esp.Bono-with my copy of the Rattle & Hum book ready to ask him to sign it...watching limo after limo park at the side of the hotel thinking that surely one of these stupid limos would be waiting for the guys to pick them up and feeling like a idiot when some nobodys came out instead of U2.
I was cold,and legs were hurting,but I thought it would be worth it if I could meet them.

And to make matters worse,I just found out about some limited edition of Atomic Bomb with some song called Fast Cars on it,which I guess I'll never hear,cause I really don't feel like spending more money on the same CD I already have just because they couldn't bother to put the song on the regular CD,instead of coming up with some limited edition mess,just to get more money out of you.

Don´t feel sad...the song is already available to download for "free" on the internet. :up:

Besides....they don't normally use limos anymore these days, they usually have separate private cars which are dark Cadillac SUV's with tinted windows.

david said:
wait you JUST FOUND OUT today about fast cars being on the limited edition cd?

That's what made me say "huh?" Someone who's prepared to wait outside a hotel for hours without any reliable information U2 are even there hasn't heard of Fast Cars and didn't/won't buy the expanded edition?

Try waiting near "artists" entrance, or the loading/unloading area at the venue they're playing at.

I've met the Edge before a soundcheck.

I personally wouldn't feel right about going to their hotel but if others do that, that's their business.

If it helps: not all fans own the edition w/ Fast Cars on it, even if they wanted to.

I ordered it from the UK, but my order got 'lost in the mail'. So I had to buy it from the local store here. And what really irritates me now, is that the one without Fast Cars (here in The Netherlands) is more expensive than the one with Fast Cars (in the UK). :|

Axver said:

That's what made me say "huh?" Someone who's prepared to wait outside a hotel for hours without any reliable information U2 are even there hasn't heard of Fast Cars and didn't/won't buy the expanded edition?

Now, now, Axver, not every U2 fan is as obsessive as some.

I don't own the expanded version and I live a very happy life.

:wink:

blueeyedgirl said:

Now, now, Axver, not every U2 fan is as obsessive as some.

I don't own the expanded version and I live a very happy life.

:wink:

I don't see you sitting outside a hotel all day without even knowing U2 are there for sure either.

Seriously, if someone is willing to go that far for U2, I'm surprised they wouldn't have even HEARD of Fast Cars.

Dude, take a cruise through PLEBA one day if you want to see some 'obsessive'. I think some are actually legitimately scary...

I had several frustrating disappointing near misses like that last time, well, many times in the past, and I never have met them. This time I didn't score tickets and because I'm broke I can't follow them this time. I feel sorry for anyone who tries that hard and doesn't find them. Though it seems from reading this forum EVERYONE meets them eventually, except me.

Earnie Shavers said:
Dude, take a cruise through PLEBA one day if you want to see some 'obsessive'. I think some are actually legitimately scary...

I dare not venture in there. I've better things to do than be scared by people who are more interested in how Bono looks than what he sings.

Yay we got Fast Cars anyway, being in the UK. For once we got a break. ;)

Also just wanted to say, I come in here AND go in PLEBA. If I'm obsessed it's with the music, but being a straight female I don't feel ashamed of the fact I find U2 attractive, too. The thing is they wouldn't be half as attractive to me if they weren't so talented and didn't make music I adore.

RocknRollKitty said:
I had several frustrating disappointing near misses like that last time, well, many times in the past, and I never have met them. This time I didn't score tickets and because I'm broke I can't follow them this time. I feel sorry for anyone who tries that hard and doesn't find them. Though it seems from reading this forum EVERYONE meets them eventually, except me.

And Me Kitty.
Let's get together and go bowling.:sad:

Naw, someday my chance and your chance will come. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! I did get Bono to look right at me during the concert so I could take a picture of him. If that is as close as I ever get that will have to do. More to life than meeting U2. (Although it would incredibly rock for the ages of all time)

chickadee said:

Also just wanted to say, I come in here AND go in PLEBA. If I'm obsessed it's with the music, but being a straight female I don't feel ashamed of the fact I find U2 attractive, too. The thing is they wouldn't be half as attractive to me if they weren't so talented and didn't make music I adore.

:up:

I just have more fun compulsively overanalyzing pictures than setlists :wink:

And for really scary, I think Zootopia is MUCH worse... some of the threads they have there would not fly at PLEBA

longingforBono said:

And Me Kitty.
Let's get together and go bowling.:sad:

WOW! :hyper: There is ONE OTHER PERSON on this board who hasn't met the band, I love you! :hug:

Naw, someday my chance and your chance will come. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe for you, not me. No money, no credit cards = I'm not going anywhere, it's not gonna happen, ever :sad: It didn't even happen when I did have money and went to lots of shows and tried my butt off to find meet them, so I know it's hopeless when I can't even go!

But good luck to you, really!

I did get Bono to look right at me during the concert so I could take a picture of him. If that is as close as I ever get that will have to do.

I got that too, that will be the best I ever get :sigh:

More to life than meeting U2. (Although it would incredibly rock for the ages of all time)

I know but it gets so hard seeing all the stuff on the board during the tour, I don't even click on meetings and sightings anymore, I am just waaay too depressed and bitter to know everyone but me (and you) scored this time. I've been chasing them since '85 and this seems like the easiest tour to meet them, and I don't get my chance. :(

Awwww- you're making me sad about this!
:hug: for you, and me too I guess.

I always figure a day I look like shit, am standing in public somewhere cleaning up one of my kids or telling them to knock it off or I'll explode, that I will turn around and there will be Bono, passing by, witnessing it all. And I will look like shit, smell like food and be in tears.

Talk about a kodak moment.

Axver said:
I dare not venture in there. I've better things to do than be scared by people who are more interested in how Bono looks than what he sings.

Remember this, Axver?

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1627677#post1627677

Axver said:
Oh wow, you people are fantastic, especially U2Kitten for so many photos! I never knew Bono had worn that many glasses! And what a welcome too! Can anyone tell me why I was afraid to venture in here? Now that I've posted, I really don't know why. You're definitely a nice bunch of people.
[...]

:giggle:

Axver said:

Yeah... this is a head-scratcher. :confused: U2 have even played this song live many times. Wouldn't such a devoted fan have heard about this song being played live at least? Where did this person think the song came from? Or perhaps it's me - maybe I just went back in time a year. Yeah, that's it. ;)

Bonochick said:
The PLEBAn bashing is rude. Please refrain from such comments.

Yeah! PLEBA is great. I don't post in there too much (the ladies have FAR more photos than I can ever hope to aquire), but I do enjoy looking at what they've gathered. Good stuff! :up: I may not share their zeal for Bono's hair or Edge's chest or Larry's abs or Adam's "endowment", but I do enjoy their comments. :wink:

longingforBono said:
Awwww- you're making me sad about this!
:hug: for you, and me too I guess.

I always figure a day I look like shit, am standing in public somewhere cleaning up one of my kids or telling them to knock it off or I'll explode, that I will turn around and there will be Bono, passing by, witnessing it all. And I will look like shit, smell like food and be in tears.

Talk about a kodak moment.

:lmao: OMG! That would be it exactly for me too. I just know that if/when I ever meet the people I most want to meet, I'll be lookin' and feelin' my very best. :|

well, at least you'de be memorable.... :D

Sorry you had such a disappointing time catwoman. I think reading the stories on here makes meeting the band members seem so much easier than it actually is. Seems to me it takes a whole lot of good luck to be at the right place at exactly the right time (and the band members have to be in the right mood too...).

catwoman said:

Please don't kill Bono.

Back
Top Bottom