I think "Rejoice" is one of the most overlooked songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
I also think October is the most overlooked album (and my second favorite in general). But the song Rejoice in particular has everything, even a drum solo of sorts. That combined with some great lyrics and guitar work make it one of my favorite U2 songs.

Rejoice is one of my favourite U2 songs too. The music in it is fantastic.

Dorian Gray said:
oddly enough, i think it's Edge's least favourite u2 song. or maybe it's With a Shout:hmm:

I like both of those songs. :grumpy: Edge has no taste! :wink:

The climax is amazing, really rockin'.
Edge has stated that he never wants to hear With a Shout again.

djerdap said:

Just for that, I'm going to make a loop of "JERUSALEM WOAH WOAH!" and take it with me to the next venue U2 plays at. Then I'm going to blare it on repeat when Edge comes out to sign things. :grumpy: There's nothing wrong with With A Shout!

I have been living a lie, I had no idea that "With a Shout" said "Jerusalem." I thought it was something like "the room's on fire."

Go figure.

Always loved it.

October is really a fascinating record in all its slightly out-of-focus feeling.

I've been listening to Rejoice all week! It's the reason October has always been one of my top favorite U2 albums. I love playing that one loud in my car :D

I love this thread :love: Rejoice is a fantastically fun song. I love the franticness of it, and the lyrics too. Now With A Shout.. is a different flavour altogether, sure, the beginning of it makes me want to dance the twist, and there's some strange charm to baby Bono shouting "JEEEEEEEH ROOOOO SAAAAAAAH LUUUUUUUM", but it's not one of my favourites from October.

GibsonGirl said:

I like both of those songs. :grumpy: Edge has no taste! :wink:
I :heart: these songs too. Awesome drumming by Larry, and guitar parts that are especially fun to play. Not to mention Bono's vocal energy.

:dance:

I love this song. So drummy! Go Larry, go! I think my favorite part is when the song builds and builds and then Bono just lets loose (around 2:43). :drool:

Oh yeah, and one of my fav Bono quotes (in my sig) comes from this song. :D

Definately one of the stronger tracks from October. It is early U2 at the naive best. Naive both musically and lyrically. But thats what is great about their early work. They didn't spend years in the studio deconstructing ideas and musical arrangements to death.

djerdap said:
The climax is amazing, really rockin'.

He said that it is way, way, way over the top. Sort of beyond the pale even for them as over the top as they often are.

Dana

sulawesigirl4 said:
I love this song. So drummy! Go Larry, go! I think my favorite part is when the song builds and builds and then Bono just lets loose (around 2:43). :drool:

Tooooooooootally. This is one of the few songs on October I like, and that's my favorite part.

:October:love:

I played this CD for a month non-stop in my car, took a break for R&H, now October is back again. I love the whole album, and Rejoice is a fantastic track. I especially love the ending, where the whole band sounds on fire, Edge is cuttin' loose at the lower end of his fretboard (I love it when he does that), it sounds exactly like what it says, rejoicing. Love it. :drool:

christiana said:
October rocks :rockon:
I was so sad after reading the October article in wikipedia :(

Try reading any of their interviews in Hot Press, they've put compilations out which are great reading and very indepth.

I love the october album as a whole. it brings me back to a less complicated, happier time.........and for that reason, its right up there for me. Am actually smiling as i type this just remembering.

Back
Top Bottom