I just bought Details mag...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
What kind of mag is it? Lots o' guys in underpants (never a bad thing), but who is the audience for that magazine? And what the hell did the guy mean by saying that Slane castle was Georgian and built by Normans?! The Georgian period was early 1800s, and the Normans came through in the late 1000s/early 1100s, if they got to Ireland at all. If Slane castle was built in 1512 like he said, he's off several hundred years in either direction.

Or am I just talking to myself?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Martha, I've been scouring the stores for that magazine...can you tell me what store you bought it at?
We have Barnes and Noble here, if not there, where???
Whats on the cover?
Thanks!
okey dokey sounds like the magazine is more of a pictorial than an intelligent source of information...depends on what you're looking for, I guess!

[This message has been edited by beardog (edited 10-26-2001).]

GY44359.jpg

it is definetely a men's magazine. it has one major difference: it foregoes the many pictorials of women that FHM + MAXIM + UMM + so many others in the name of some journalism. whether or not it's good journalism is up for debate, but it is journalism.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

beardog, they have it here at the newstand store

martha, well I looked it up and I don't know about Slane itself but the Normans did indeed come to Ireland in 1169, overtook the more numerous Irish due to military prowess and built numerous cities, fortresses and castles throughout the land up until 1300. The rest of the misinformation I can't tell you about!

Thanks, Debbie!
beardog, I got it at my local liquor store.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Details used to be the hip mag for Gen X'ers, but that was like the early-mid '90's. I really enjoyed it then, although I ain't a Gen X'er.

I believe the magazine was sold several years ago (and/or a new editor was brought in) and, by all accounts, it went downhill at that time. I haven't read it in years so I couldn't say.

I WANT DETAILS! I have searched high and low for this mag here in San Jose, and nothing yet! Arghhhhh! Barnes and Nobles still has Depp on the cover, damnit. So I guess I'll hit the liquor store after work....
I think Bono looks so cool in that pic! YUM!

Did anyone notice the part about Bonohaving to gargle this concoction after each song in Philly for his voice? I remember a while back somebody in here found and took a styrofoam (sp) cup that had a questionable liquid in it from one of the shows. I wonder if this was it?

Back
Top Bottom