HTDAAB next singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi. Last night thinking about the single-promotion of U2's last masterpiece, HTDAAB. We've got already "Vertigo" as the first single, "All because of you" in North America and "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" as the second worldwide single.

What I'm asking here is: what do you, guys, think it'll be the next single? When the tour was announced it was said that the 3rd single would come out in May 16th (well, 2 montths almost).

And what about the forth single? And an eventual fifth single (which I doubt, but lets suppose it eheheh)?

I thought that it could be nice a poll around this, but I don't know if I (as a recent member, not a premium member) can create that poll, and by the way, if we're allowed to, I don't know how to make it.

But the objective of this post is to know your opinion and your suggestions about HTDAAB's next singles...:wave: :sexywink:

Third single will be City Of Blinding Lights, then maybe Miracle Drug or Original Of The Species (by I would like to have Man&Woman as single instead - that would be :drool: )

COBL is already the third single in Australia and likely to go worldwide for the May release for U2's 25th anniversary (commemorating 23 May, when their partnership with Island Records began with the release of 11 O'clock Tick Tock). Bono's words before the release of HTDAAB seemed to imply that Original Of The Species will also be a single.

Hummmm... City of blinding lights and Original of the species... Cool! I love those songs. Well, I love all the album (HTDAAB is my favourite album), so any song is ok for me as a single.

I was expecting COBL or Miracle drug too as the 3rd single and All Because Of You as a final worldwide single (just like the Walk On strategy in 2000/1). I have to confess that I'm disapointed with the commercial performance of ABOY and with the video (looks too simple and outdated).

It would be nice too if U2 reserved a surprise in the promotion of HTDAAB. I mean, the fourth (or fifth?) single could be an unexpected song like "Yahweh" or "Love and peace or else"....:wink:

I honestly think Miracle Drug could be a great single and really hope it is either next, or the next after that. I know some folks don't think it's right for a single but it's played here on some indie stations and it gets a good response. :)

COBL should be the next single, with Mercy as a b-side. I think I would explode if that happened.

Love and Peace or Else should be a single! It's not that big of a stretch. I mean it does need a good single mix to make it radio-friendly to some extent, but it would really give the music world a shot in the balls!:wink:

jendzi said:
(by I would like to have Man&Woman as single instead - that would be :drool: )
You misspelled
icon23.gif
. Common mistake.

Satellite radio has been playing City Of Blinding Lights a lot lately, and so have some local New England stations. It seems to be getting a strong response because they keep playing it. It should be next, and then I think Miracle Drug would be a good choice as well.

COBL-April/May
OOTS-Aug/Sept

after that I think a 6th single is not out of the question.

What was the last single on ATYCLB and when did it come out?

phanan said:
Satellite radio has been playing City Of Blinding Lights a lot lately, and so have some local New England stations. It seems to be getting a strong response because they keep playing it. It should be next, and then I think Miracle Drug would be a good choice as well.

I heard COBL being played at a Shop Rite the other day. I couldn't shop for like 5 minutes as I was just singing to myself. Great potential for single.

Walk ON was officially released in Oz and Europe in Nov 2001, a full year after the album came out.

6 singles may not be a long shot.

Also 4th single, Elevation was July 2001, which means if COBL is 4th single in May, then they are WAY ahead of that ATYCLB schedule.

Last edited:
It looks that Love and Peace or else wil not be a single... but why???????????:sad: It's more cool than elevation and elevation was a single!

Axver said:
COBL is already the third single in Australia and likely to go worldwide for the May release for U2's 25th anniversary (commemorating 23 May, when their partnership with Island Records began with the release of 11 O'clock Tick Tock). Bono's words before the release of HTDAAB seemed to imply that Original Of The Species will also be a single.

I live in Australia and I haven't heard City of Blinding lights being played on radio or news about it being the next single. Where's can I find an offical source of this information?

Miracle Drug has GOT to be a single, otherwise a crime would have been committed against humanity.

Yes, there could well be 6 singles, and this will be their biggest selling album ever.

Amazing.

JimmyChicken said:

I live in Australia and I haven't heard City of Blinding lights being played on radio or news about it being the next single. Where's can I find an offical source of this information?

Nothing official, but there's a thread somewhere on this particular subforum about it. Apparently an edit has been played heavily on radio and the promos have been issued.

Miracle Drug is perfect for a Nov release. It's my fav on the album, and radio might just give it a ton of support during the Christmas season. The thought of hearing Miracle Drug playing while Christmas shopping (or on the radio as I mail checks to my selected charities) is almost too much!

September 2004: Vertigo
December 2004: All Because Of You
February 2005: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
May 2005: City Of Blinding Lights
September 2005: Miracle Drug
December 2005: Double-Single(ala 97's IGWSHA and Mofo at the same time) Original Of The Species and Love And Peace Or Else

Last edited:
Zooropean103 said:
I wish they release Love and Peace or Else (new "more radio friendly" mix) as a 4th or 5th single but it's very doubtful.

Agreed! :drool:

I'm thinking Miracle Drug. And wouldn't it be cool if they released another Wide Awake In America or something with a live version of City Of Blinding Lights, a live version of one other HTDAAB song (like maybe Love And Peace Or Else) and then two b-sides?

Back
Top Bottom