How would you feel about U2 releasing a cover as an official single ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How would you feel about U2 releasing a cover as an official single ?

• I think it's a good idea.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Bad idea... I hope U2 never does that.

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Don't care as long as U2 releases something soon!!!

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

Skywalker

The Fly
I don't remember U2 releasing a cover as an official "commercial" single... but if it were to happen (or has happened and I don't remember), what would you think about it ?:scratch:

I think it's a good idea. They have done some very good covers in the past like Everlasting Love, Fortunate Son, Night and Day, and Happiness is a Warm Gun. Although I do think it is a good idea, it would also depend on being well selected. Some songs just don't need to be covered.

Skywalker said:
I don't remember U2 releasing a cover as an official "commercial" single... but if it were to happen (or has happened and I don't remember), what would you think about it ?:scratch:

Yeah, they could cover one of their own! heh heh!

Mmmh...I think it is good idea since - like Achtung Zooropa already said - they did already really good covers. And you mustn't forget those songs like 'All Along The Watchtower' and 'Helter Skelter'.... :drool: .....

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
BAAAAD Idea.

U2's own stuff is so much better. Much more depth then most other songs.
Certainly, U2's own stuff is the best stuff you can get, but a cover of such a great song like I mentioned already wouldn't be that bad. Their songs are of course 'deeper' than from other artists. But right now I couldn't even think on a good song to cover....... :scratch:

Okay today I was able to vote- and I stil think NO.

It makes no sense to me why they would ever want to do this- they are about originality and making their OWN music.. I honestly can't fathom a reason why they would release a cover as an official single. IMO, it's lame and unoriginal. They're not a cover band and releasing it as an official single would sort of indicate that's all they can or want to do. If they want to release them, put them on the bside, as they have done.

And like Saracene said, U2 covers are hit-and-miss with me, as well.

Luckily- I don't think U2 would ever do this so I don't have to worry :cool:

Back
Top Bottom