How deep does your U2 obsession run?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought this... couldn't resist.

Mofosoap.jpg

I think this fact will trump everything else said in this thread so far. I have thought long and hard about this, done all the appropriate estimates and calculations, and... *cue build-up music* ....

During my life, I have heard Bono's voice more than any other person's. That's how many hours in a day I listen to U2, and for how long I've listened to them.

I got the Mofo soap at Tower Records... (which is now out of business :( and selling everything off so they might still have it in the stores on clearance) It smells good, um I don't know how to explain it... a fresh scent... what do you think Bono Mot?

oooh on the back of the box it says...Bergamot, fresh lemon, and Spanish amber. 100% pure vegetable base. There were other "Mofo" items there too beside the soap I remember... :hmm:

Oh yeah, and yes. I definitely thought it had the Pop look too! Even the little guy on there reminds me of Pop Bono. Maybe there was a Pop fan at the Blue Q Company in Pittsfield, MA!

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
It smells good, um I don't know how to explain it... a fresh scent... what do you think Bono Mot?

It's a fresh scent, but a little sultry too, if that makes sense. Not surprised to hear it has bergamot (hee, I said "mot") in it. And my bar is black...is it supposed to be, comet? :wink:

Obession: This pretty well sums up my 26 years of obsessing. I bought a new car recently, and it has a 6 track CD changer and in the three months I've had it...nothing has lived in it except various U2 discs!

I also dragged my kidney-stone-ridden husband to Charlotte last year for the concert...reckon he was okay...I didn't notice! :giggle:

And I've pretty well alienated any friends with my obsessive chattering...except the ones who like them too.

And it's NOT an obsession. It's a HOBBY! A hobby that keeps me off the streets...more or less....

:whistle:

I spend alot of my worktime here... I hope I don't get my internet access revoked cuz they do monitor!!! :huh:

See I'm at work and looking here too--If they say anything--I'll use the excuse I'm on my break. :eyebrow: (I have two screens on my desk--one for work/one for keeping up with U2 stuff.) :wink:

^Privacy screen, baby! :drool: And alt-tab. And don't forget to clear out your "history" files at the end of the day. :evil:

I'm so obsessed that when I went on vacation to Asheville last year, I tore this out of the phone book!

bonosbarbque.jpg

Yes, I do plan on going in December, when I visit again. Now taking orders! :wink:

Privacy screen is a great idea. I do the "Alt + tab" alot to switch screens.
But my work monitors in real time! :(

But despite that I can't help myself. I'm obsessed!:drool:

all your obsession are incredible...I love them...
so I use to write bono's or u2's words in all my classwork or exams...i always write YOU TOO...
then in my bag there's a pice of paper with bono's quotes about grace...
and sometimes I write U2 or pices of songs on my arms or legs to give me good luck....
I 'm crazy... :evil:

I need to carry around a piece of paper with Bono quotes about grace! That's awesome!

Are you really in Italy? What town?

babyu2lover said:
all your obsession are incredible...I love them...
so I use to write bono's or u2's words in all my classwork or exams...i always write YOU TOO...
then in my bag there's a pice of paper with bono's quotes about grace...
and sometimes I write U2 or pices of songs on my arms or legs to give me good luck....
I 'm crazy... :evil:

That's great! My friend and I once purposefully got a question wrong in our French class because we were supposed to answer "Bon Mot" for the description of a funny witticism, and we both wrote "Bon-O Mot" just cause we could! Ha! Hence my screen name here...and a very bad grade on my French exam! :reject:

LyricalDrug said:
I think this fact will trump everything else said in this thread so far. I have thought long and hard about this, done all the appropriate estimates and calculations, and... *cue build-up music* ....

During my life, I have heard Bono's voice more than any other person's. That's how many hours in a day I listen to U2, and for how long I've listened to them.

That was really beautiful . :heart:

Bono Mot said:
I'm so obsessed that when I went on vacation to Asheville last year, I tore this out of the phone book!

bonosbarbque.jpg

Yes, I do plan on going in December, when I visit again. Now taking orders! :wink:

O0h I'll have anything with Bono on it! :evil: And staying on the subject of food, I love cheddar cheese but it's a very scarce commodity here in Finland, you can only find it in a few of the large super markets of Finlands larger cities. Well out of one such super market I found a cheddar cheese by the name of 'The Dubliner' and it's actually made in Dublin, Ireland, so of course I bought it and think of Bono every time I have a piece!! :macdevil:

And for those poor souls who didn't find the U2 cover of this month Q, but bought the mag anyway for the U2 interview inside, here it is in all it's glory....

qu2cover2006wg9.jpg

:drool: :combust: :faint:

And for those of you you didn't find any copies of the November 2006 Q and would like to also read the interview, let me know and I'll scan and post the article. :D

Last edited:
How far does my U2 obsession run.....well i'm here AEST 1:24am reading and posting on this forum.......... and 2 little kids will be jumping on my bed asking for Cheerios in around 5 hrs and a bobcat will be tearing down my backyard from around 7am in the morning....................................................................i'm off to bed.

Colm S. said:
You guys are really very very sick..

Therapy, anybody ?

I know you are just probably joking :eyebrow: and judging from when you joined but that you've only ever posted twice, that you're obviously a 'lurker', but you should still have realised by now not take some of the things said here too seriously! :wink: Our obsession, which may seem extreme to the more casual fan, is totally harmless and hurts no one! It's just a bit of fun (in some cases a lot of fun! :evil: ) and something to do, especially when you're stuck out in the back of beyond with nothing much else to do and it's minus 15 centigrade outside!! I mean, we're all totally sane, right guys....:uhoh: :coocoo: :crack: :shifty:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

And for those of you you didn't find any copies of the November 2006 Q and would like to also read the interview, let me know and I'll scan and post the article. :D

Thanks for the cover scan!!! And, yes, please do post the article. The mag. never came around here. Stupid bookstores! :madspit:

Bono Mot said:

Thanks for the cover scan!!! And, yes, please do post the article. The mag. never came around here. Stupid bookstores! :madspit:

Hey, I hope you able to wait until this coming Thursday coz I'm back off to collage soon (15 mins time!) and I don't have a scanner at my student flat but I will scan the article as soon as I get back on Thursday night!! :wink: Gotta go!!! :wave:

Great drawing Gg :wink:

And you're absolutely spot on about the newbie HCBiggs!not understanding our fun with U2! :) i've had that Dubliner cheese too btw!!!! :yes: it's quite nice but i've had better :shifty:

I spent several hours this evening putting together this collage of all the U2 pictures I've clipped from magazines (mostly Rolling Stone) over the last year or so:

U2collage.jpg

And now my back is killing me :sigh: :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom