Have U2 defined or affected your aesthetics (perception of beauty)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
In everything... Visual arts, clothes and styles, types of people, use of language and everything else....

Do you think U2 have defined what you perceive as beautiful or attractive?

voxson said:
In everything... Visual arts, clothes and styles, types of people, use of language and everything else....

Do you think U2 have defined what you perceive as beautiful or attractive?

No.

Totally!

I usually have two choices for a haircut everytime. The Larry Mullen Jr. or the Adam Clayton. It was the Adam Clayton last week.

Nup. I dont do comb overs, toques, oversized sunglasses nor annoyingly long shirt sleeves.

I quite fancy some of Adams sandals but I wouldnt go looking for knockoffs.

Besides, Im a girl.

without a doubt...they've given me a new vision and continue to each time a hear a song. every time i do anything, i think i might be able to apply a lyric or a sound to that experience. the beauty to that is that it's undetermined. this not only applies to u2 or even music, but the people im with, almost anything. literally anything can affect your aesthetics if you allow them to. :wink:

They've inspired lots and taught me lots.

But I think it came to a head when I watched their Live Aid performance on Mtv all those years ago. It was then I truly believed that music could change the world, and that was a beautiful revelation even though I was just barely a teen. That was a turning point, and I just went from there. I found all kinds of music to be inspiring and beautiful because it was through them that I was able to open my ears and listen. Thing is, I've changed and gone through phases and dabbled in various interests - my tastes changed, or better yet, expanded as did my horizons. But music has been the one beautiful constant in my life, and I have U2 to thank for planting that seed.

As far as individual band members. I still think Adam's as sexy as all get out. And for some reason I've always been drawn to bespectacled men!

Back
Top Bottom