Has Anyone Seen (Or Anyone Own) The Unforgettable Fire Collection (Video)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just bought if off HMV.com, along with the Boston Elevation concert video, and I can hardly contain my excitement! It's the first time I've ever ordered something like this online.

I remember seeing the Unforgettable Fire Collection a long time ago. It's all behind the scenes of the making of Unforgettable Fire at Slane Castle. Behind the scenes with Eno and Lanois, and a VERY young U2!! You actually get to witness the creative process first hand. Has anyone seen it? There are also live performances, including Bad (I believe it's the same performance they put on Wide Awake!!). This is so cool. I've been looking for this vid for ages. (Sorry for the stupid post, but it had to be done...)

------------------
The Tempest

I have it! I've had it for 15 years. lol. It's a great video. I love it.

And Larry looks really hot.
icon38.gif

Michael, you don?t write stupid posts
biggrin.gif

I don?t have it, but I have rented many, many times. It?s funny, cause I?ve tried to convince the guy from the rental video store near here to sell it to me for ages!!! He always says no, last time I asked him again, he said "it?s a relic, I won?t sell it, okay?"
frown.gif

Michael, maybe I?ll check this hmv.com...God, I gotta get more money, LOL

I've rented it a couple of time sand its great, especially seeing a young U2. I only wish there had more of a focus on some other songs as well as Pride.
i also tried to buy it at the video shop but there was no way he was going to sell it.

I also love the video clip of The Unforgetable Fire. The shots of them recording at Slane are just wonderful.

Pamela

Life should be fragrant, roof top to the basement

My favorite part is when Bono is putting down a bit of vocal in that ball room, not the studio, and all you hear is his voice without the music. OH MY!

LOVE IT! The guys look so young and cute! My fave part is when they are looking at the eclipse and someone, I think it was Brian Eno goes, "now look at what you've done with your bloody rock and roll, you've put out the sun!"
biggrin.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

I have had that for ages!!! It is the best! I think it was very first video of the boys I owned. I love it, and after having been to Slane this summer, you have just inspired me to watch it again!!

------------------
...to the mystery of all that you should ever leave behind, in time.

Yes, I've had it since '85. Very cool. I love those profile shots of Bono-he looks 16.
One of my favorite parts is when they are sitting in the studio and someone asks where Adam is (because he hasn't been around for a couple of days), and Edge says Adam is lost in space and then he says "remember that series Lost in Space?" and Bono says "yeah, great show", and Edge says, "Well, that's where Adam is". Very cute.

I, too, saw it a long time ago and then recently bought it. I love it! My favorite part is when Bono and Edge are singing a line for, I think, "Three Sunrises" and and they both absolutely crack up and double over laughing (especially Bono).

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by partygirl:
One of my favorite parts is when they are sitting in the studio and someone asks where Adam is (because he hasn't been around for a couple of days), and Edge says Adam is lost in space and then he says "remember that series Lost in Space?" and Bono says "yeah, great show", and Edge says, "Well, that's where Adam is". Very cute.

That was the best!!! lmao! I love that part! And the ones of Bono singing in the studio... so hard on himself he is.

------------------
...to the mystery of all that you should ever leave behind, in time.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I have it, it's great! Larry sings, and yes Edge has hair....it's really cool to see them all young and stuff. lol
smile.gif

*runs out to buy it simply because Larry sings and Edgie has hair*

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Have it.
Even Adam looks good in that long trench coat during UF.
This should be a 'staple' in every serious U2 fan's collection.

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

I LOVE this video! One of my favorite parts is when Edge and Adam are trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to spell "Lardence" and the man himself walks in and says to the camera "Hi Fans!" And then everyone is just like "uh, Larry, you've said that about 10 times before to the camera..." Heehee!!

I also like the part where Larry falls asleep on the couch. He looks like a little angel!
biggrin.gif

I saw that once many years ago and remember the eclipse scene and a scene with Bono propped back on the couch...gotta get that one again! Thanks for the reminder!

who can forget the "Sort of Homecoming" video. I love that song and the video to match...love seeing the old U2 on the road.

Oh yeah! You are right Zoo! That IS one of my favorite parts of UF video where Bono is giving it is all on 'Pride' and Brian comments on Bono's volume! And I too, love the "Lost in space'(i thought they used to waych LIS?lol)and where Edge 'n bono laugh during "3 Sunrises"..but my fave is when they are playing it back and Bono's on the sofa, with that lil' smile of satisfaction..ahh, priceless! peace..2..u

Originally posted by follower:
I don?t have it, but I have rented many, many times. It?s funny, cause I?ve tried to convince the guy from the rental video store near here to sell it to me for ages!!! He always says no, last time I asked him again, he said "it?s a relic, I won?t sell it, okay?"
frown.gif

Michael, maybe I?ll check this hmv.com...God, I gotta get more money, LOL

You can try those secondhand record stores. That's where I got mine. It was in Chicago, though, but you never know, there might be some in your area. NY has lots of those kind of stores.
wink.gif

Thanks for the tip dizzy. Although I'm far, far away from New York
wink.gif
there are second hand record stores here as well, and I hadn't thought about that.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom