Happy Birthday ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In the year 2000 All that you can't leave behind was released on October 30 and was the first u2 album that really needed an acronym

Happy 5th Birthday :happy: !

Are you telling me that I don't really need to abbreviate Zooropa as Z? :angry:

Axver said:

B :drool:

T is such a great song. :rockon:

true but we've already seen SFB, ITH, ACD, TEC, TO, OOC, and IWF on this tour I think you might be SOL on hearing T live anytime soon:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

true but we've already seen SFB, ITH, ACD, TEC, TO, OOC, and IWF on this tour I think you might be SOL on hearing T live anytime soon:wink:

Then I'll jump forward to O and start dreaming of R, F, T, O, and S. :drool:

I remember getting the album a day early at a great local shop that always hooked you up with stuff as soon as they got it. The only album I can think of which I greeted with such wild, unabashed enthusiasm was POP when it came out in '97.

Though I dig FAR more on that album, these days, than I do on All That You Can't Leave Behind, I can nevertheless openly admit that I was terribly impressed with the album on my first ten or so spins, that night...and several hundred afterwards, as well. I can remember the entire car ride home as the sun was in the last stages of setting and I listened to the album on headphones with the volume up to 11. I remember every single song vividly. I cried with "Kite," the first time, and decided that the first five songs would all be singles. I was almost right, too...

God, what a great set of memories. That was just after the start of what would be the best year of my entire life. No matter how I feel about the worthiness of the album, it still means and meant a lot to me. Great times, those...sigh... I'd give anything to go back--I was a much less pessimistic fan, as well as person, back then...!

Well... happy 5 years, 1 day :wink:

(Post no. 1000!!!)
:)
:D
:rockon:
:drool:
:lock:

.............note that the boom-cha was only for celebrate :wink:

5 years and I am just starting to really appreciate it.

IAW!!!

Oh, have you guys all forgotten about F or R from O? I loved those tunes! :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

topplehatU2 said:

IAW? Images And Words is a fucking amazing album. :drool:

(I think about five people here know what I'm talking about. MPI:TMATS :rockon: )

Back
Top Bottom