Good evening Interferencers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
enajh2 said:
Edge,

Watching Top Of The Pops last night I couldn't help but wonder what's being lined up for promotion of HTDAAB in the UK? You're doing Top Of The Pops on the 15th supposedly or pre-recorded to be broadcast on this date.

I'd like to know if you have any plans to perform on Parkinson or Friday Night with Jonathan Ross? Or maybe even Later with Jools Holland?

Better still why not arrange a Later special like the Paul Weller acoustic or Radiohead shows that were staged and broadcast in recent times. A whole hour of U2 airing the new songs and a few classics thrown in for good measure! :hmm: :wink: :cool:

Alan

what we really need is U2 doing stuff for MTV/Muchmusic in North America, because I think the success of the band is measured by how they do over here, as they aren't exactly considered the hometown favourites over here

so, when can I expect my backstages passesfor figureing out that you were Dalkey? i mean come on, that type of eye opening logic just merits that.

one4u2 said:
If I was that Who girl he singled out I would be placing my order for some VIP tickets! :wink:
I would be too.. if I knew what VIP tickets were... and... plus I have no money to do that so... there is no way I could weather I knew what they were or had the money... BUMMER MUCH!

OH! I'm not forgetting this time! Goodnight Edge! Dream well! hehe!
:heart:The Who:heart:
You made me love them and you even more... Thank you.

Last edited:
They should have got the album out in time for the Olympics and performed at the Opening Ceremony instead of Bjork :yuck:

That would have got them a bit of exposure! :eek: :D

wow, edge posting twice in one day! does it get much better?
thanks for that edge, i think you've made a lot of people very happy on a saturday!
come back and visit us again soon
:wave:

TheWho4Life said:

I would be too.. if I knew what VIP tickets were... and... plus I have no money to do that so... there is no way I could weather I knew what they were or had the money... BUMMER MUCH!

OH! I'm not forgetting this time! Goodnight Edge! Dream well! hehe!
:heart:The Who:heart:
You made me love them and you even more... Thank you.

Hey there! VIP= very important person; in other words guest list of the band, front row, etc.... wishful thinking! :yes:

one4u2 said:

Hey there! VIP= very important person; in other words guest list of the band, front row, etc.... wishful thinking! :yes:
I don't wish on that stuff... it never would happen... but... I'll wish! *WISHING* But I can't get them... NO MONEY! :mad: I hate being young with no job *sigh* I'm tryin to get one though :D Fricken people wont call me! DANGIT! HEHE! But it's alright! I don't care right now!
I'm sitening to the beautiful "Babyface" God I love that song... the album it's on... LOVE EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH IT! Wow... that was off topic sorry!

Ah, I am glad to hear that there will be remasters in the future as the current ones are a bit too expensive on the Amazon used store. However it is probably best that you guys just concentrate on the new album for now. By November I do not expect some of my friends to be calling U2 "old music".

starsgoblue said:

Linds, it's all going to work out. Promise! :wink:
AAWW :hug: I hope :) I promise I'm giving you gas money if and when you come get me... cause I love you!
Well, obiously im giving you gas moeny but lmao, I'm giving you more then that... god I'm just gonna pay you! Like well whatever I have that I'm not using on U2 stuff... lmao :D How's that sound haha!

Last edited:
Wow I guess I should check out the rest of the threads before I reply to a post. I replyed to your morning post and did'nt see this one oh well. I just wanted to welcome you to the world of blue crack and wish me luck that that police won't take me away for disturbing the peace by haveing Vertigo cranked up.

TheWho4Life said:

Yea... I felt bad for making that thread :| After I thought about it last night. I hope nobody hates me for it... I was just depressed really bad...
:hug:

Don't feel bad, it just shows how devoted to Edge you are :hug:

Sort of relevant, being about The Who....

The infamous incident where Keith Moon blew up his drum kit on TV was shown in a clip show on ITV1 this evening

"Moon himself didn't need any encouragement. Pete Townshend may have started the instrument abuse, but Moon took it to another level, hitting on the idea of using fireworks to blow up his drums. When The Who made their debut American network TV appearance on 15 September 1967, Moon decided to take no chances with the quantities, and the resulting explosion put the network off air briefly and partially deafened Pete Townshend. Moon was injured by a flying cymbal."

Apparently, one of the studio techies arranged the right amount of powder in the drum in advance, and then Keith added the same again...TWICE!! :D

ps. I need to learn how to post quicker!

enajh2 said:
Sort of relevant, being about The Who....

The infamous incident where Keith Moon blew up his drum kit on TV was shown in a clip show on ITV1 this evening

"Moon himself didn't need any encouragement. Pete Townshend may have started the instrument abuse, but Moon took it to another level, hitting on the idea of using fireworks to blow up his drums. When The Who made their debut American network TV appearance on 15 September 1967, Moon decided to take no chances with the quantities, and the resulting explosion put the network off air briefly and partially deafened Pete Townshend. Moon was injured by a flying cymbal."

Apparently, one of the studio techies arranged the right amount of powder in the drum in advance, and then Keith added the same again...TWICE!! :D

ps. I need to learn how to post quicker!
I HAVE THAT PREFORMANCE ON DVD MAN! It's great! hhmm... I think I may go watch it cause it's been mentioned and now I'm dang cravin it!
:hug::heart:Keith:heart::hug:
Wish he was still here... yep.

TheWho4Life said:

AAWW :hug: I hope :) I promise I'm giving you gas money if and when you come get me... cause I love you!
Well, obiously im giving you gas moeny but lmao, I'm giving you more then that... god I'm just gonna pay you! Like well whatever I have that I'm not using on U2 stuff... lmao :D How's that sound haha!

:hug: Lindsday :hug: Everything little thing is gonna be allright! Yes, that was my little rastaman quote for the night! :wink:

You might know this then...does The Kids Are Alright film show Keith playing Tchaikovsky in the garden of the big Surrey home he had at full whack? Generally fooling around and conducting, jesticulating wildy etc or I am thinking of another documentary or bit of footage of him.

Alan

Hi Edge! Thanks for posting. I must say the new song is awesome. Great guitar playing and superb backing vocals. You are so talented.

God Bless!

Michelle

enajh2 said:
You might know this then...does The Kids Are Alright film show Keith playing Tchaikovsky in the garden of the big Surrey home he had at full whack? Generally fooling around and conducting, jesticulating wildy etc or I am thinking of another documentary or bit of footage of him.

Alan
err... it could :shrug: Let me think about it... I don't know to tell ya the truth... it might... All I know is in the movie, he talks with Ringo Star, gets whipped by some woman :lol:, talks with Ringo more... and talks to a camera guy about tellin the truth or soemthin I dont know never really payed attention to that convo, just watched... um... but really I don't know, here I am a fricken HUGE Who fan and I don't know... but I don't think it does, cause I've watched it a lot and what you're talkin about doesn't ring a bell. Maybe Edge knows :wink:

Hey, I didn't end up watching that performance though lol, instead I watched "Tommy can you hear me" ROGER! The most sexiest man in that EVER! His coat is open... it just :drool: They are all hott in that one man!

Hello Edge. :wave:

Or umm, would you prefer to be called "Mr. The Edge"? :)

There's someone at work who has license plates that say "Edges Mom," but I don't think it's your mom. ;)

Anyhow, thank you so much for coming over here and interacting with your fans.

:wink:

Goodnight Edge! :wave:

Today we had absolutely beautiful Autumn weather in Minneapolis and I should have been outdoors enjoying it. But I was inside all day long with the most incredible sinus headache :grumpy: (too much Vertigo? Or maybe not enough :sexywink: ) Thank you for making a sick day not so bad afterall!

TheWho4Life said:

err... it could :shrug: Let me think about it... I don't know to tell ya the truth... it might... All I know is in the movie, he talks with Ringo Star, gets whipped by some woman :lol:, talks with Ringo more... and talks to a camera guy about tellin the truth or soemthin I dont know never really payed attention to that convo, just watched... um... but really I don't know, here I am a fricken HUGE Who fan and I don't know... but I don't think it does, cause I've watched it a lot and what you're talkin about doesn't ring a bell. Maybe Edge knows :wink:

Hey, I didn't end up watching that performance though lol, instead I watched "Tommy can you hear me" ROGER! The most sexiest man in that EVER! His coat is open... it just :drool: They are all hott in that one man!

If you want my opinion, the shots from John Entwistle's "frett cam" during his extended bass solo on the Albert Hall DVD takes some beating :applaud: :cool:

It was probably some other documentary on Keith I'm thinking of then. Was funny though.

Hey, does anyone know if Edge is a motorsport fan?

He might be up in three hours time to watch the Japanese Grand Prix, just as I will be. :)

Edge...really....Edge. The Edge?

Hmm...I guess I should say something really good now. Well, actually just so I don't sound stupid I'll just say hello. Keep up the good work and I hope to see you and the rest of U2 live in concert for the first time, very very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom