Final Tracklisting - When?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertiGone

Acrobat
When do you think we will get the final tracklisting so we can stop speculating about whether or not Full Metal Jacket or Native Son are on the album? We've already eclipsed the two month mark until the album is released, so i'm thinking it would probably be within the next week. Any thoughts as to why they are taking this long to divulge the info and decided not to publish it the same time as the album title?

Anyone else think U2 are leaving the tracklisting open for themselves just in case they want to change/add a thing (song) or two before they commit? Don't forget, the album isn't due till the end of November! I'm hoping they'll get inspired one night and write another 'One' as a late addition to the record!

Michael Griffiths said:
Anyone else think U2 are leaving the tracklisting open for themselves just in case they want to change/add a thing (song) or two before they commit? Don't forget, the album isn't due till the end of November! I'm hoping they'll get inspired one night and write another 'One' as a late addition to the record!

They might. Also, I read in the paper today that Eminem won't be putting the final touches (final mixes, etc.) on his new album untill a week from release date, to prevent leaks (or, at least, to devalue them, since they won't be the finished product).

Maybe U2 are adopting a similar strategy. They're on the same record label, after all.

There isn't going to be a song called Full Metal Jacket/Native Son on the album. Interference put that up as a placeholder for the possibility of one or the other MAYBE being on the album and then all of the sudden people probably just looked at the site and said "that must be the tracklisting" not knowing that Full Metal Jacket had apparently evolved into Native Son which is why it's even up there in the first place.

i remember one interview a couple of months back that someone (band member, mcguiness, flanaghan, dont really remember) said that Native Son (FMJ) was dropped from the final tracklisting. While it's not a final decision that the song ins't on the album, i doubt it will be.

Back
Top Bottom