Even Better than the Real Thing Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I don't know if this is the right forum, or if this has been mentioned before, but I was just watching the video for EBTTRT (is that the right abbrev.?) and i've seen it multiple times before, but I think i just noticed something.

When the camera is spinning around and around, are the members of the band falling, or are they standing on the ground? Cause I always thought they were falling while the camera was spinning, but this time, I could've swore I saw the Edge's feet on the ground.

Ok that's all I had to say :wink:

I've always wondered how they did those camera tricks. Did they have a camera on a line that ran through their legs and spun 360 degrees?

I'd love to see behind the scenes on it.

I think I'll watch teh video with the audio commentary on

Duh why didn't I think of that before?

bono_212 said:
I think I'll watch teh video with the audio commentary on

Duh why didn't I think of that before?
If I recall correctly, it doesn't explain all that much about it.

That video drives me crazy! The geeky wannabe-director in my soul wants to know how they did that!

Shot in January 1992 by Kevin Godley in London and promptly dubbed "the wheel thing" by the crew after Godley came up with an innovative trick, camera lens twirling on a stick, "to capture the momentum of the track..."

Which answers all of your questions on HOW they did it. All I want to know is if they're standing on the ground or not :sad:

They used a verticaly placed camera track on the ground where the band members stood inside of it "ON THE GROUND" Then edited the track out of it later.

bono_212 said:

When the camera is spinning around and around, are the members of the band falling, or are they standing on the ground? Cause I always thought they were falling while the camera was spinning, but this time, I could've swore I saw the Edge's feet on the ground.

What exactly are you asking? Are you wanting to know if they are suppose to look like they are falling or if they are suppose to look like they are on the ground? Because it seems fairly obvious they aren't really falling.:huh:

My questions been answered now. But I'm very much aware they aren't REALLY falling. My question was is it supposed to look like they're falling, but I guess now, cause if I caught the Edge standing, I would think anyone could.

LOVE the video. Not wild about the opening part where knuckles and fingers keep popping out of a hand. Who's hand is this anyway?

Larry's sideways look IS the best part!!!

chickadee said:
That video is great but it makes me dizzy!
Yeah really. That was the video that won Video Of The Year, right?

Honestly, it's cool and all, but I always preferred the Mysterious Ways video.

Back
Top Bottom