Elevation Boston DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Maybe someone can answer a few questions for me:

1. I noticed that right after Bono sings Mysterious Ways and lays down with the girl from crowd on stage at the end of the song he goes back to the main stage and seems really out of breath and hangs his head on the mic with his eyes closed. So what gives....

2. After Gone, everyone says that Edge is upset with Larry and thats why he smashes and kicks his guitar. I think that he just got so into the song he pulled a Jimi Hendrix/Pete Townsend and wasn't really mad.

3. What is Bono saying in between a few songs?

4. Right before SBS as he is getting ready to sing someone throws or spits something at him and hits him in the face and Bono gives a gesture to the crowd. What was it that hit him, does anyone know.

Thanks, JC

1. They didn't play MW in the Boston DVD.... :eyebrow:
But I think he was just tired on whatever dvd you saw. He does a lot of jumping at the end of that song.

2. Edge said that they had technical problems with that song that night and apparently he wanted Larry to stop the song closer to the end (just make it shorter) but Larry didn't pick up on that so he kept going. But I also think that he took advantage of this moment and gave us one of the best moments ever! :drool:

1. You mean WOWY? I don't know, maybe something private going on, or it could just be some "theatrics".

2. :yes: Edge was mad at Larry because he played the song longer than necessary. Edge was playing with his fingers at the end so that probably didn't help his mood either.

3. Which songs?

4. I think it's a cup of water.

The thing about Edge playing with his fingers is probably not true, they keep a whole lot of picks on each mic stand, if he didn't have any on his he could go over to Bono's or maybe even Adam's. And sometimes they keep picks on the guitars too. They stick it there someway. They have lots of picks.

I play with my fingers all the time. Edge is no sissy. He can play with his fingers for a few minutes without freaking out.

Has no one noticed how Edge is laughing all over his face while spanking his guitar?

IT'S JUST THEATER. IT'S A JOKE!!!

To add to the questions above, I have been curious what Bono is saying as well sometimes in between songs. It must be a prayer because he always mumbles it under his breath.... and it sounds like he is shamone or something?? confused: Anybody know what this prayer is? I know the prayer he says before streets, but I am talking about the one word he always says. I think he says it clearly on the Slane DVD too, right before Kite... ???

I know at some point between songs he quotes an entire bible verse from Isiah: .....rise up on the wings of eagles.

I meant WOWY not Mysterious Ways.

Probably right about the head on the mic, just getting ready to do the best Fly ever.

At other Elevation show did he do the fly like that everytime.
I missed that whole tour do to waiting the birth of my 1st nephew.
:mad:

U2girl said:
1. You mean WOWY? I don't know, maybe something private going on, or it could just be some "theatrics".

2. :yes: Edge was mad at Larry because he played the song longer than necessary. Edge was playing with his fingers at the end so that probably didn't help his mood either.

3. Which songs?

4. I think it's a cup of water.

a cup of water, he was really pissed... he don't take no crap that Bono.

are we talking about Gone here? well this is the story. the bulk of that performance was taped on Night 2, except for the part at the end were Edge smashes his gutiar -- you can tell that the guitar Edge smashed was a reddish-orange colour (called Fireglo) while the gutiar he played for the majority of the video was black. on Night 1, Larry cut Edge's solo too short, and Edge got super pissed, throwing his guitar down and yelling at Larry (you can see the yelling on the Elevation Tour documentary). so for the video, they took the performance from Night 2, and editted in the bit of Edge destroying his guitar from Night 1.

U2Man said:
Has no one noticed how Edge is laughing all over his face while spanking his guitar?

IT'S JUST THEATER. IT'S A JOKE!!!

judging by the yells Edge gave to Larry, i doubt it was a joke. i mean Larry cut his solo for God's sake! Edge has the right to be mad

U2Man said:
I play with my fingers all the time. Edge is no sissy. He can play with his fingers for a few minutes without freaking out.

the solo at the end of Gone cannot be done correctly without a pick

TheBrazilianFly said:
The thing about Edge playing with his fingers is probably not true, they keep a whole lot of picks on each mic stand, if he didn't have any on his he could go over to Bono's or maybe even Adam's. And sometimes they keep picks on the guitars too. They stick it there someway. They have lots of picks.

this is true

Last edited:
The Sunday Bloody Sunday projectile isn't a cup of water. The cup of water was during All I Want Is You on the Slane DVD. The SBS object looks like a cigarette lighter to me.

greenlight7-11 said:
The Sunday Bloody Sunday projectile isn't a cup of water. The cup of water was during All I Want Is You on the Slane DVD. The SBS object looks like a cigarette lighter to me.

Well thats horrible if it is, and would hurt too!!! Why someone do that to him? :eyebrow:

JCOSTER said:

Well thats horrible if it is, and would hurt too!!! Why someone do that to him? :eyebrow:

My guess is that it was someone who didn't agree with Bono's view on non-violence back home, which SBS stands for.

Remember R&H when he was talking about Irish-Americans coming up to him talking about the glory of the revololution and the glory of killing for the revolution and he basically said it made him sick..... very passionately I might add!!! :)
I would think that statement p-o'd alot of people.
But this is why I love Bono... he isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes!!!:drool: :heart: :rockon:
He is a brave man!!

Jeannieco said:

My guess is that it was someone who didn't agree with Bono's view on non-violence back home, which SBS stands for.

Remember R&H when he was talking about Irish-Americans coming up to him talking about the glory of the revololution and the glory of killing for the revolution and he basically said it made him sick..... very passionately I might add!!! :)
I would think that statement p-o'd alot of people.
But this is why I love Bono... he isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes!!!:drool: :heart: :rockon:
He is a brave man!!

yea that rattle and hum speech gave him some nice death threats!

btw, the thing thrown at him during SBS, I heard it was an ice cube... and yea, he gives them the irish version of the finger..

Galeongirl said:

yea that rattle and hum speech gave him some nice death threats!

btw, the thing thrown at him during SBS, I heard it was an ice cube... and yea, he gives them the irish version of the finger..

Well he certainly rocked that song and it didn't seem to shake him at all. He was ready to brawl...:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom