eBay disclaimer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ebay requires the following text: [Due to laws regulating ticket sales in this area, how do they sell the tickets at inflated prices with disclaimers like the one here on every one of the sales?
'the seller in this auction will not accept any bids above the total face value of $200 per ticket. Do not bid more than this amount. Bids that exceed this amount are void and will be cancelled by the seller. The seller will end the auction if, and when, this price is met].'

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

Originally posted by kobayashi:
Ebay requires the following text: [Due to laws regulating ticket sales in this area, how do they sell the tickets at inflated prices with disclaimers like the one here on every one of the sales?
'the seller in this auction will not accept any bids above the total face value of $200 per ticket. Do not bid more than this amount. Bids that exceed this amount are void and will be cancelled by the seller. The seller will end the auction if, and when, this price is met].'

This is a perversion of the disclaimer. People write the above and then put in whatever dollar value they want. For example, if they expect a maximum bid of $200 for each ticket, that's what they put in.

I actually contaced eBay about this on the first leg of the tour, but they said that their hands were tied. Since they did not have the tickets in hand (and the smart scalpers would include a picture of the ticket with the price "removed"), they had to trust the seller at his/her word. However, I did see eBay crack down on a few scalpers (I guess those who made some sort of mistake).

I used eBay to get a GA ticket for a Boston show - and it was worth it. However, I recommend setting a maximum amount you want to spend and stick to it. I was able to get my GA ticket below my maximum amount and WELL below the amounts I was seeing other GA tickets sell for on eBay. In other words, don't be crazy and keep searching - a good auction will appear.

Originally posted by kobayashi:

Wow, how considerate of them to only allow tickets to be sold for 2-4 times face value.
rolleyes.gif

I agree with the good doctor, this just sounds like a ploy on the seller's part to make it sound fair.

Back
Top Bottom