DOES U2 HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST SOUTHERNERS????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Don't feel too bad U2Gator, we're getting the shaft up here in the Northwest too...guess i'll be hitting either Salt Lake, Vegas or Oakland...

Thank God Oakland is only like 25 minutes away from me.

up.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

I can see where you're coming from U2Gator... I thought they'd surely visit New Orleans, or Mississippi even! (ok fine that was a stretch
tongue.gif
) Oh well, there's a Texas date, my neighboring state, so I'll not complain too much
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

In the "Rumors" section of U2tours.com it states that a radio station in Alabama has recently reported that U2 will be playing Birminham and New Orleans. So don't panic yet.

There's no reason to get all worked up about the unofficial dates. Only a few more days until the official announcement is made. I'm not sure where the Sept. 11 announcement date that's being reported came from, or if it's accurate, but I've also read "within the next 7 days" so it ought to be soon.

The problem is that U2 has never had a huge fanbase or following down south, especially recently. For the Popmart tour they hit the southeast extensively and those shows produced some of the worst attendance figures of the tour. Same for the Outside Broadcast tour in 1992. Its nothing personal to the fans down south, it is about marketing and sales. It is a business after all.

I highly doubdt they will play New Orleans or Birmingham (not saying its impossible though). There is only one open date that is an unknown and I have a feeling one of the following will be in that date: KC, St Louis or Nashville. Most likely KC. Wont be long and we will know for sure.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 09-07-2001).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
maybe on the 6th N. American leg of the Elevation tour they will play in your city

Aussie ,Aussie, Aussie

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
maybe on the 6th N. American leg of the Elevation tour they will play in your city

Aussie ,Aussie, Aussie

Salome-Forgive the 'short-sightedness' and'the-world-revolves-around me' attitude of my fellow countrymen/women.
You sound like a "righteous" cat.-Sincerely, db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Originally posted by LuvLady:
Ever heard of cars people. Or buses. Or trains

Exactly my point,LuvLady-Diamondbruno9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-07-2001).]

Sorry diamondbruno9, I'm a bit slow today. I live in Australia and I'm just getting a bit sick and tired of people in America & Canada complaining about the tour when we ( & New Zealand, Japan, South Africa, Mexico, South America,etc ) are completely deprived of seeing U2 at all. You guys should realise how lucky you are that's all. I'm not saying that everyone there can afford to travel to other cities but it's a HELLUVA lot cheaper then coming from all the way here.

According to a radio station here in KC, we'll have a show. I'll wait for a formal announcement before getting too excited.

Here are U2's new North American tour dates:
Oct. 10: South Bend, Ind. (Joyce Center)
Oct. 12: Montreal (Molson Centre)
Oct. 13: Hamilton, Ontario (Copps Coliseum)
Oct. 15: Chicago (United Center)
Oct. 18: city/venue TBA
Oct. 19: Baltimore (Baltimore Arena)
Oct. 24: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Oct. 28: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)
Oct. 30: Providence, R.I. (Civic Center)
Nov. 2: Philadelphia (First Union Center)
Nov. 5: Austin, Texas (Frank Erwin Center)
Nov. 7: Denver (Pepsi Center)
Nov. 9: Salt Lake City (Utah)
Nov. 15: Oakland, Calif. (Oakland Arena)
Nov. 18: Las Vegas (Thomas & Mack Center)
-- Ray Waddell, Nashville

mad.gif

And whats really not fair is that i lived most of my life in texas and indiana which have been visited multiple times.
frown.gif

I mean, LOOK at those dates!!! Nothing even comes CLOSE to the southeast!!!

[This message has been edited by U2Gator (edited 09-07-2001).]

The actual Billboard article said there are going to be 22 dates.

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 09-07-2001).]

Note that the billboard article said multi-night stands aren't included. You have to add 1 to 3 nights for New York, L.A., and Chicago...

"Hey Salami and Stage Boy hush up. I've only seen U2 twice in my entire life"

SEE What I mean folks (the ME complex)clearly illustrated. Sad-Db9

------------------

---------

Stage Boy needs to learn how to quote properly.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Hey Salami and Stage Boy hush up. I've only seen U2 twice in my entire life so suck that.
I've seen U2 three times in my life
everytime in Holland
everytime it took me at least 1 1/2 hour to get at the venue

and Holland is only a small country
when you live in Norway or Sweden you probably won't get anywhere in 1 1/2 hour

but at least (most of) Europe always does get a chance to see U2
Australia, Asia etc. don't

25 minute drives to see U2 rule
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 09-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:

25 minute drives to see U2 rule
smile.gif

Yeah, no kidding!

I was lucky for Elevation. We only had to drive an hour and a half each way. Unfortunately for the driver (my father) he had to get up at 5:00 in the morning to go to work. The things dads will do for their daughters!
biggrin.gif

Back where we used to live, Dad had to drive us about 5 hours each way to see POPMart. I was happy to be THAT close to anywhere that they were playing!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 09-08-2001).]

I know - I feel bad for the folks who don't have a chance at all.

On this tour, the closest they played to me was 200 miles (a 3 to 4 hour drive). I had hoped they might come here (Nashville, TN) since that was a rumor, but it sure isn't looking like it.

But Blue was right - there isn't much of a following here. People look at me like I'm mad when I talk about U2 - and the worst show for the audience involvement I've ever been to was in Memphis, TN. So I guess I'll just travel and be glad I have the opportunity!
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Blue Room:
The problem is that U2 has never had a huge fanbase or following down south, especially recently. For the Popmart tour they hit the southeast extensively and those shows produced some of the worst attendance figures of the tour. Same for the Outside Broadcast tour in 1992.

I highly doubdt they will play New Orleans or Birmingham

There is only one open date that is an unknown and I have a feeling one of the following will be in that date: KC, St Louis or Nashville. Most likely KC.

Blue Rm and Crazy have the right attitude and idea. Thank You-Db9

------------------

---------

Baltimore: 50 minute drive
Philly: 1 hour 45 minute drive
E. Rutherford: 3 hour drive

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Emancipate urself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds" -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"
"My idea of democracy is everybody gets their say then they do what i say" -Bono 1993

My closest drive is 14 friggin hours.... but maybe i could sell my UF/FSU ticket and fly in style.

Back
Top Bottom