Does anyone have a U2 tattoo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good question! I'd be curious to know this myself. I'd always sort of had a negative attitude toward tattoes, but you know what? I think I'd actually consider getting a U2 one!

I have this:
lilheartavatar72.jpg

on my lower back. :D

wertsie said:
Good question! I'd be curious to know this myself. I'd always sort of had a negative attitude toward tattoes, but you know what? I think I'd actually consider getting a U2 one!

Me too but id be afraid incase it was reaaaaalllllly sore or something lol :)

Didnt someone post a pic here once of a guy who had u2 tattoos ALL OVER his back like a masssive JT thing and the lyrics of One at the bottom of his back.....im pretty sure i saw it here! :D

oh, and about the pain factor (during and after), i can only say three words: location, size, colour.

location: some areas are more sensitive than others and will hurt more. for example, the inner part (that faces your leg) is waaaaay more sensitive than your outer part. and your arm hurts. esp. the underarm part.

size: this is self explanatory, the bigger and more complicated the tattoo, the more it'll hurt. also, it'll take longer to ink and will probably swell up more. also, if you have a large area with just one colour, that means they'll use the larger needle. this hurts, imo, at least three times MORE than the small one. (you'd see the small one when they did the outlining in black ink.

colour: a lot of people claim the black ink hurts much less than colours. i agree, but then again they do the tracing first, so it's pain on top of pain so it may not be completely true. also, like i said before, large needles are bad. i've only had to get the large needle for one of my tattoos and i swear i must avoid it at all costs if i get anymore tattoos. (i have four.)

How long does it take to get like a little one (say 1 inch square)? Man, you know what...I'd really like to have 2 things done...a U2 tattoo and get my belly button pierced! But I'd have to have someone go with me!!!

wertsie said:
How long does it take to get like a little one (say 1 inch square)? Man, you know what...I'd really like to have 2 things done...a U2 tattoo and get my belly button pierced! But I'd have to have someone go with me!!!

A small, simple tattoo shouldn't take long at all. Mine is about the size of the picture I posted, and it took about 15 minutes (including the preperation).

I also have my belly button pierced, and that hurt more than the tattoo (it wasn't that bad, really, but the clamp part wasn't too fun!).

meegannie said:

A small, simple tattoo shouldn't take long at all. Mine is about the size of the picture I posted, and it took about 15 minutes (including the preperation).

I also have my belly button pierced, and that hurt more than the tattoo (it wasn't that bad, really, but the clamp part wasn't too fun!).

Cool! How do both usually run, price-wise?

wertsie said:
How long does it take to get like a little one (say 1 inch square)?

A tiny one would take about 10 minutes depending on the tattoo artist. I have a tattoo of a heart on my inner ankle and it is about a square inch, and it only took about 10 minutes. It was quick, easy, and PAINLESS!! I think if you go in with the fear of the pain, it will indeed be painful.

My tattoo is sort-of U2-ey. It's a heart but it's drawn like "the heart" stage. I love it and I will probably get another one soon b/c they are addicting. So, in my eyes, my tat represents U2 to me even though to others...it's just a heart.

meegannie said:

I got my tattoo here in DC, and it was $60. I got my piercing in Ohio for around $40, I think, including the jewelry.

Aha! Within my price range! I have a friend at school who was thinking about getting her belly button pierced too, but she's scared of needles. Maybe we could go in together this fall....Wouldn't want to do it here at home...my mom would probably kill me...hahaha

Thanks for your help!

Hopefully this will work, have never posted before and certainly never attempted to attach something, but here goes:
This guy was at the Slane concert last year.

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 129
Dub said:
Hopefully this will work, have never posted before and certainly never attempted to attach something, but here goes:

Wow! I don't think I'd ever do anything quite that big. I was thinking about putting "U2" on my ankle or something...I will have to look around and find pictures of stuff I like.

I met a guy at a concert from wire with a MacPhisto one. There was another guy who had his whole back done in One in different languages. I know of at least 2 Interference girls who have one, but they'll tell if they want to;)

Suitcase on my lower back ( * looks at meggy :eyebrow:)

suitcasetattoo.jpg

Here's the guy that was in Vegas:

3346%3B54%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323%3A63%3B656%3Bnu0mrj

ahhh.....Tattoo Dan. I actually saw him two weeks ago at a UF show. He made an appearance on stage with U2 in NYC in Oct. and the legend spread.

Sicy said:
Suitcase on my lower back ( * looks at meggy :eyebrow:)

Soon I will be just like you.... :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, mine is a lot like yours, just not filled in in grey. And the lines are a little thicker.

Dub said:

What does the tattoo say on his right arm (on our left) say? I can't read it too well....
Forgot to include my tattoo info...my tattoo also cost $60 and took about 25 minutes. It's on the top of my foot....very cool place for a tattoo.
My piece of advice...go to several shops and check them out, see who works there, see who gets tattooed there...make yourself known...
Have fun!

Last edited:
I'm leaving for Dublin on Tuesday and I've been thinking that I want to get a tatoo before I leave two months later. Any suggestions? I've been thinking of Celtic knotting or something....and where should I get it done?:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

I too am thinking of a U2 tattoo as next year, they will have been in my life for 20 years! longer then a woman has! lol I have a blue swallow at the top of my right arm and the u2 tat would be at the top of my left arm, but I can't decide on what design to have, I would want it to be so that no one would be in doubt what the tattoo is, its should be obviously u2! (maybe a pic with u2 written underneath or something! My avatar thingy could make a good tat but may look tacky as its cartoony! lol
So any thoughts on designs you good people? I need some ideas!

Back
Top Bottom