Crumbs From Your Table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't listened to the boot since this actually happened, so I'm going off a memory over 2 years old, so somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but the backing track was "you speak of signs and wonders" and he didn't come in at the right time at all.

Axver said:

We, uh, discovered Bono had a vocal backing track for that song live. He flubbed a line but the backing track sure didn't!

Wasn't that the rumour that was debunked once the video surfaced that showed Edge singing there? (just going off the top of my head here)

As much as I love Bomb (it's my 3rd favourite U2 album), I must say that Crumbs is probably the worst EVER produced U2 song. I just can't stand the way it sounds on the album, the alternative studio version from bonus DVD is miles better.

Great chorus and hook. Great bridge. I was never completely sold on the rest, especially Edge's work.

gabrielvox said:
Wasn't that the rumour that was debunked once the video surfaced that showed Edge singing there? (just going off the top of my head here)

I thought that was Miracle Drug. I think the Crumbs thing was an honest-to-pete "oops ... heh heh, nothing to see here."

If I recall correctly. Which I might not.

gabrielvox said:

They were definately using a backing track on Crumbs. It was pretty good live but I think the band thought it never got to where it should when they played it live. They struggled with Original Of the Species in a similiar manner. Difference being it became a single so they continued to work on it throughout the tour.

gabrielvox said:

I didn't think there was video of 4 October 2005, though I admittedly haven't kept tabs as closely on bootlegs as I once did.

phillyfan26 said:
The only political rock song on a "political rock album."
Actually, "Love and Peace Or Else" and "Yahweh" were both about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but they were extremely diluted of any relevant message or didn't properly talk about the problems. Then again, "Crumbs" could have done a lot better, too.

gabrielvox said:

Yes, absolutely! I was there as a fan that night, Edge was singing that part, rumor has been completely debunked, dont listen to people who were not there. I got a job doing security at concerts in Boston in 2006, still do it now. I work with and have talked to many people, in my company, in the promoting company, people who work for the venues, including TD Banknorth Garden where the concert and alleged incident occured, etc. Some of these people have been working shows since the Boy tour, have seen all of U2's career at some point and say that they are one of about three bands theyve seen that have NEVER USED BACKING TRACKS.

Well we know that U2 does in fact use backing tracks in some cases. But I think Crumbs is not one of them. I don't beleive they use tracks with Bono's vocals pre-recorded. I want evidence otherwise.

INSTCUWSUMVC011 said:
One of U2's greatest and most under appreciated songs? :scratch: :shrug: I think it is. Also why wasn't it played more live?

I have no idea but i tell you this, u2 should have replaced 'miracle drug' with Crumbs or AMAAW. In my most honest opinion.

Uh, it was definitively a backing track. Listen to Blue Room.

They sounded so ill-prepared for that song, I'm surprised they even bothered to put together a backing track.

Re: Re: Crumbs From Your Table

Earl-Of-IMDb said:

I have no idea but i tell you this, u2 should have replaced 'miracle drug' with Crumbs or AMAAW. In my most honest opinion.

No way. I absolutely LOVED Miracle Drug and would have liked to hear it more often. Just these opening cords still give me goosebumps when I'm listening to any bootleg. With Crumbs, maybe if they continued to work on that one, it would have improved.

Axver said:

I wish I'd heard Crumbs too. They soundchecked it before the 28 May 2005 concert in Boston too!

You heard WGRYWH that day, and I missed that damn show and still kick myself every other day for it...but then, I comfort myself by thinking that hearing Crumbs, which I did hear on Dec 6 2005 in Boston, will not be played much again, but WGRYWH will be.

Muldfeld said:

Actually, "Love and Peace Or Else" and "Yahweh" were both about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, but they were extremely diluted of any relevant message or didn't properly talk about the problems. Then again, "Crumbs" could have done a lot better, too.

But Crumbs as it was originally written was fairly devoid of political content. The "sister Mary" verse was added later after a drunken bit of hilarity that's fun to watch on the bonus DVD.

Also, I don't have the mp3 of the Crumbs studio from the dvd. I would love it if somoene could help me out.
yourwildhorses @ gmail.com

Varitek said:

But Crumbs as it was originally written was fairly devoid of political content. The "sister Mary" verse was added later after a drunken bit of hilarity that's fun to watch on the bonus DVD.

Also, I don't have the mp3 of the Crumbs studio from the dvd. I would love it if somoene could help me out.
yourwildhorses @ gmail.com

Bonus DVD? :confused:

can you fill me in on this DVD...

gabrielvox said:
Well we know that U2 does in fact use backing tracks in some cases. But I think Crumbs is not one of them. I don't beleive they use tracks with Bono's vocals pre-recorded. I want evidence otherwise.

No, Crumbs is one of those cases without any doubt. :) Trust me on this one. ;)

Axver said:

Good choices. I think WILATW is the best song from ATYCLB, and one of the four or so that I can actually be bothered hearing from that album.

Axver, I have an honest question for you: how does it work out that you´re a U2 fan even if you only seem to "tolerate" a handful of their songs? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom