Cover songs you'd like to hear U2 perform this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
O.K. so far they haven't performed any real cover songs have they (not including "snippets") - come the second and third legs what would you like to hear them perform???
One of my picks would be Ceremony by New Order (Joy Division).

For SOME strange reason, Ive always thought it would be cool for a snippet of Roy Orbsion's "I drove all night", possibly sounding cool in COBL.

Maybe Im weird lol

timothius said:
Whilst we are on The Smiths... a version of How Soon Is Now would be totally... :drool: :drool:

Imagine Edge on the guitar...:drool: :drool:

And Bono doing Morrissey's lines. :yes:

I AM HUUMMMANN AND I NEED TO BE LOVED :drool:

U2DMfan said:
they should do a cover from that band that recorded Zooropa and Pop way back in the 90's.

Ooooh, I was <----> this close to writing something like that, but thought I'd lay off it for a little while (plus it's been so long that I can't remember the name of the band).

I reckon this thread should be all about The Edge.

The guy has a voice as good or better than Bono's and should be belting out a song in every concert.

It's hard for him to do any U2 song, because they ARE Bono's, so a cover is perfect.

I also think that Bono can sing all the "Satellite of Love" snippets he wants these days, but I get the feeling that a large % of the fans U2 have picked up ATYCLB onwards wouldn't know who the fuck someone like Lou Reed is, so I think The Edge should take a little time out during each concert and stand at the end of the ramp and have "Musical Education With The Edge". He can even pull out a little overhead projector and screen.

"LESSON ONE: SIMPLE PLAN ARE NOT PUNK or YOU'VE BOUGHT THE T-SHIRT AT URBAN OUTFITTERS, DID YOU KNOW THEY MADE MUSIC?" and kick into a Ramones song.

Yeah, just making the obligatory joke. Not trying to take the fun out of anything.

Actually I could think of many songs I'd like to hear them do, but in all honesty I'd rather hear them go back into their own vault.

I'll pick one for the heck of it.
The Cure-Pictures of You

"Toxic" by Britney Spears would be a good cong to cover and would surprise a lot of people. "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys would also be a good choice.

They might want to cover "Crumbs from your Table", too, I heard it's a good song worth playing LIVE.

Serious reply = Won't Get Fooled Again, which they've played before, right into or out of All Because of You.

U2DMfan said:
they should do a cover from that band that recorded Zooropa and Pop way back in the 90's.

:lol:

I dunno, I liked it when they did Beatles covers like they used to do a lot 'back in the day'.

So, any Beatles covers are good by me.

Bring back Dancing Barefoot, Fortunate Son or Everlasting Love. Those rocked! Plus, Bono's version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom