Brokers are reducing their ticket prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
Checking around the internet broker sites I am starting to notice a reduction in prices- this is very sickening to those of us who have already paid dearly, but good news for those of you still in search of tickets. If the brokers are coming down the scalpers must be too, and ebay! If you guys hold out as long as you can you might just get a good deal after all.

------------------
~~~Who's to know where the wind will take you~~~

Yes. It's surprising how low the prices have gotten. Tickets Plus has GAs on sale for $75 each when they were $150 less than a week ago. and I've seen GAs for as little as $127 for two tickets on e-bay, and there's some other auctions that may end up being even less. The more expensive ones on e-bay aren't even selling. It's really kind of odd. Why do you guys think this is happening? Is there really that little demand for these tickets?

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane."
-Adam, The Simpsons

What cities and shows are the tix for? If its for Kansas, St. Louis, and Sacramento, I can understand why they are dropping because those are softer or weaker markets.

Dallas and Atlanta appear to be dropping about $30! I don't understand why as many people wanted to get them.

I have a theory. Maybe the scalpers outdid themselves this time and got too many! Remember the day of the sale how people who got online right away or were first in line at an outlet got shut out? There was probably some kind of racket where the scalpers got so many of them and now it's backfiring on them. You know the brokers might actually lose money on this because they likely paid someone off or paid people to stand in line based on what they expected to make and now they're having to eat the loss! It wasn't fair to us fans or U2. Maybe this will discourage them in the future.

hi, just got a pair for sacramento off e bay for $113.00 0ff ebay. yeehaww, i'm going again!!! bu here's my totally uneducated and random theory, yes those markets are softer, but i think that it was a great strategic move to not announce the additional dates ahead of time, and with such short notice (10 days in sact) the scalpers overbought and don't have time to sell them. i know it can be frustrating, but i love that U2 keeps shaking up the way the tix are sold, every once in a while the brokers have to eat it.

There's also the risk that the tix are fake...particularly on ebay. At least with an established broker you're fairly safe.

Originally posted by hotasahandbag:
hi, just got a pair for sacramento off e bay for $113.00 0ff ebay. yeehaww, i'm going again!!! bu here's my totally uneducated and random theory, yes those markets are softer, but i think that it was a great strategic move to not announce the additional dates ahead of time, and with such short notice (10 days in sact) the scalpers overbought and don't have time to sell them. i know it can be frustrating, but i love that U2 keeps shaking up the way the tix are sold, every once in a while the brokers have to eat it.

I totally agree with you about the scalpers and brookers. The concerts were not only announced late, but little advertising was done up front. Most of the shows, (including Kansas City) are heading toward a packed house, yet the scalpers are getting screwed cause there wasn't a lot of hype on the first onsale days...

Back
Top Bottom