Bono's hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The B-man's 'do

• The ATYCLB mullet was hideous

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I liked his hair on tour

Votes: 58 48.7%
  • I liked his hair in the BD video, but it got out of control by tour time

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I liked the short hair he had during POP

Votes: 27 22.7%

• Total voters
oh no.

oh nononono.

Please, please for the love of God...take a warning from someone who has been here since the dawn of time and DON'T GO THERE!. I know it seems like an innocent question, but full-scale wars have been waged upon this hallowed blue ground over the matter. :eek:

I've been here longer than you think.

I know the tinderbox that is "Bono's Hair"

But with the polling feature, people can respond without judgement, so I figured what the heck.

It's all in good fun anyway...

I voted for the short Popmart hair...You know, I don't remember liking it at the time, but now, looking back, I think it suited him well.

Hey, there's no J Tree Gorgeous Flowing Chocolate Mane option. I'm doing a write-in. :D

Tour hair was also quite hot.

I loved the tour hair. It was beautiful and it was no 'mullet.' As Dustybot once posted, some here are very ignorant as to what a 'mullet' really is. The UF era was the closest Bono ever had to one, and even it was not really one. Check out Billy Ray Cyrus in his early career. You're probably just one of those shaveheads who think anything that hangs down should be cut off. I disagree. I love longer hair on a guy, especially Bono. The BD hair was a huge improvement over Pop, but was too short and thin on top to suit his face. The Elevation hair was excellent and I loved it. The shorter version of it he has now is just perfect for him, it frames his face perfectly and he's gorgeous. I hope he keeps it.

:heart: :up: :)

Attachments

• 0cuteatlanta.jpg
    0cuteatlanta.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 245
Yeah... it definitely was not a mullet. He had normal guy hair.

Earlier in the 80s he had a mullet.

Billy Ray Cyrus is an excellent example!!! :lol: :no:

Sherry Darling said:
Hey, there's no J Tree Gorgeous Flowing Chocolate Mane option. I'm doing a write-in. :D

Tour hair was also quite hot.

You said it girly! :yes:

I'm writin' in that gorgeous JT hair too! But I'd take tha Elevation tour hair over that I lost a fight with a weedwacker Pop thing LMAO! C'mon, ain't none o' tha other fellas in tha band got no hair, cain't ya jest leave Bono's alone? :lol:

An' if'n ya wanna see a real mullet come down here an' lemme take ya to tha tractor pull or the county fair! It'll be mullet paradise! Thar's fellas with tha top stickin up tha sides shaved off an tha back two feet long! Yee-haw!:D

Last edited:
i liked the short hair from pop but i really liked it in the BD video. it truly did get a bit outta hand during the tour.

he was definately in need of a haircut :ohmy:

i am so getting flamed for that comment :yes:

I think it tended to get a little out of control on tour. Too long, a little shaggy. Nothing will ever beat the JT hair, though. Man, it was great. I love a man with good hair.....

In defense of Bono's locks!

:eyebrow: Out of control you say?:scratch:

*ahem*

Have some of you forgotten that the man-----

is----

a----

ROCK STAR??!!

He looked very good on the tour. A rock singer needs a generous amount of hair, and if it gets messed up during the concert, well, that's rock and roll, and that's SEXY!!!! :tongue: :love:

Tour hair all the way! I think it looked very much like the Zoo/AB era hair which I love too. Bono with black hair and black leather, those are a few of my favorite things! :)

Re: In defense of Bono's locks!

SamanthaPuff said:
A rock singer needs a generous amount of hair, and if it gets messed up during the concert, well, that's rock and roll, and that's SEXY!!!! :tongue: :love:

Well, what about Larry, Adam, and Edge then? They've got short hair, and they're all still sexy, right?

Re: Re: In defense of Bono's locks!

wertsie said:

Well, what about Larry, Adam, and Edge then? They've got short hair, and they're all still sexy, right?

Well, personally, Bono is the only band member I find physically attractive. No offense guys! I appreciate all of their musicianship and love them all, but when it comes to sex appeal Bono is the only one that does it for me :bono: :heart:

Last edited:
Bono's ATYCLB tour hair was indeed a mullet.

There is a spectrum of mullets out there and while Bono's was not as dramatic as Billy Ray Cyrus' neckwarmer, it did exude the qualities of a mullet - shorter on the top than in the back.

His sides were not shaved, a la the UF/Live Aid era mullet, but it still falls within the realm of the mudflap.

I think the thing that bugged me the most about it was how unwashed and over-treated it looked.

Back in the JT days, it was long and natural looking - cool.

In the AB days, he was dying it black, but it didn't look fake or fried. It had some curl to it.

These days, it's too straight and treated to look cool long. Just my opinion though - I'm sure the B-man could critique the heck out of my hair!

I'll take one of each.:mac:
134.jpg

Uh-oh, not this again! Kitty's not happy, someone has insulted Bono's hair, the hair I waited so long to see grown back, the hair I love so much!It's not a mullet! Hiss! Scratch! Calm down, deep breath:silent: Okay. Let's just say, I vote for the tour hair. :D

U2Kitten said:
Uh-oh, not this again! Kitty's not happy, someone has insulted Bono's hair, the hair I waited so long to see grown back, the hair I love so much!It's not a mullet! Hiss! Scratch! Calm down, deep breath:silent: Okay. Let's just say, I vote for the tour hair. :D

*pat on the back*

Aw, it's okay...I don't think anybody's really insulting his hair...I guess it's just a matter of people having different taste. Don't be upset.

wertsie said:

*pat on the back*

Aw, it's okay...I don't think anybody's really insulting his hair...I guess it's just a matter of people having different taste. Don't be upset.

If he had only listed the styles, it would be as you say. However, he did get very insulting in his wording, even using the word 'hideous.' I have seen people flamed badly for using that word to describe Pop, so it really isn't right for him to use it either. But, please, I'm trying desperately to stay calm here. I'm moving onto another thread.

wertsie said:

Okay! Good to know I'm not the only one in the universe who feels this way!

:yes: I?m here, holding your hand child ;)

Bono doesn?t need any long hair to emoldurate his gorgeous face, a face of a 42 years-old man with sincere deep blue eyes, eyes that touch the souls of so many. Again it?s just a matter of taste anyway. :cool:

And child, don?t be so tough with our friend U2Kitten...see the grin smilie in her last sentence ;)

Last edited:
The great "Bono Hair" debate. If you think some of the FYM arguments get fierce... ;)

I voted for POP hair. Short and sweet.

I'm with NicaMom, give me one of each! LOL Love that collection of pics NicaMom:drool:

But I voted for the POP hair! Cause I really loved how he look then! :)

Thanks NicaMom, what great pics! Love R&H hair and R&H look generally for Bono and the whole band generally - Edge looks great here with hat and hair pulled back.
Bono's best hair when it is pulled back with no hat - mind drifts to WOWY on video - simply breathtaking!!

I think his hair is short and sweet right now! I like it short and dark like it is now. The POP look wasn't even hair at all IMO just stubble -lol-. I voted for the tour hair. The BD hair looked silly all frizzy and standing up on top. It looked better after if grew out.

Hee hee, I knew there would be a poll about this some time

It's the most hotly contested question on the board.

How much hair
should a rock star wear
if a rock star
should wear
hair?

:laugh:

For hair implants they don't look too bad. I think he has to wear it a bit longer for now until they fully integrate into his head. But he would benefit from having it a bit shorter.

Back
Top Bottom