Bono's Best Image (alter-ego)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
Badass and gorgeous :drool:

d67ba6f3.jpg

That works :drool:

This should have been posted in PLEBA ;)

I really thought Mackie would get more votes! :drool:

maceyes2.jpg

The Fly, hands down... Achtung era U2 is just badass overall, though. As cool as I think they are now, the band has NEVER and probably won't ever again be as cool as they were in the early 90s. They were all just so damn COOL...they defined cool. The Fly is the coolest, then Mac, then Mirrorball Man...all great. Pop era was pretty badass too.

Macphisto, the first time i saw him on the VHS Sydney tape i hated him. Now i cant get enough of the character, love the attitude and the accent. When he sings Lemon, the world is right!!!

I'd have to go with MacPhisto. The whole character is just sheer genius - the bizarre accent, the dance moves, platform shoes - and I'm always blown away by how completely Bono disappeared into the character.

The Fly is cool, but I've always felt that the only times Bono really pulled off this uber-cool exterior is in the video for The Fly and the still photographs. In all the concert footage I've seen, Bono's loveable dorkiness always pokes through and rather spoils the effect IMO.

hmmm, does anyone have any clips of him as Mirrorball Man, I've never seen any, with the exception of the little snippet in the History Mix on the Best Of bonus DVD

AtomicBono said:
The Fly, hands down... Achtung era U2 is just badass overall, though. As cool as I think they are now, the band has NEVER and probably won't ever again be as cool as they were in the early 90s. They were all just so damn COOL...they defined cool. The Fly is the coolest, then Mac, then Mirrorball Man...all great.

You hit the nail on the head...EVERYTHING U2 DID in the early 90's was cool.

As much as I HOPE AND WISH AND PRAY they would do something that awesome again, I don't think it will ever happen.

But we'll always have the Sydney show to satisfy our hunger for the days when U2 defined cool....which is why this concert MUST be released to DVD immediately!!!

I'm sure if you asked Bono, he would say father and husband. :D

But I liked the Macphisto too. and early eighties Bono.

U2Kitten said:
This should have been posted in PLEBA ;)

I really thought Mackie would get more votes! :drool:

maceyes2.jpg

Mackie gives me the creeps, I'm not religious so it's not that, just wrong, wrong, icky...:huh:
I don't care for Castro Bono either.

I kind of like Bono, Savior of the World.:wink:

Last edited:
faithingrace said:

Mackie gives me the creeps, I'm not religious so it's not that, just wrong, wrong, icky...:huh:
I don't care for Castro Bono either.

I kind of like Bono, Savior of the World.:wink:

I was kind of creeped out at the thought of Macphisto too at first. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how Bono could make all the elements work.

And then I saw Zoo TV Sydney. When you see him live, it all comes together and makes sense. What Bono does as Macphisto borders on genius. No one else could ever have done what he did, and I doubt anyone could ever do such a thing in the future. He is so unique, such a brilliant character.

Maybe one day we'll even get to see him again...

I admit I found MacPhisto creepy until I saw ZOOTV Sydney, then I thought he was cool and hilarious!

Passengers Bono (if there is such a thing!)

I just remember seeing a pic in a book of him with, I think Eno and sum1 else, with glasses, short spikey hair, and a devilish little beard - complete with devilish smile!!:wink:

The "Mafia" Bono (anyone who've seen that old JT promo, featuring the guys impersonating as a ganster, will know what I'm talking about....)

I love the mohawk photo. The obvious Taxi Driver reference is just so unlike them.
But obviously The Fly.

Macphisto - the concept was genius.

Also what someone else called Passengers Bono...his mid-late 90s looks with shorter(not Popmart-short) hair either spiked or slicked back with the shades and the goatee. See VH1 Legends to see the look.

But Macphisto wins.

zooroper said:
so nobody likes the modern bono....i tought so....

I like Bono's new image, but 90's are impossible to beat. However, his new look is better than ANY image from 80's and it's IMO better than ATYCLB era look.

Back
Top Bottom