Bono and Kate Bush Duet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike$mith

Babyface
I swear I heard a duet done between Bono and Kate Bush on a U2 B Side. Does anyone know the name of that song and what single/ LP it appeared. Thank you. This has been haunting me for years. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

-Mike$mith

Sorry to smash your confidence, but the two have never sang together.
Maybe you're thinking about the song In A Lifetime by Clannad & Bono. Don't know exactly which Clannad album it's from, but you can find it on their greatest hits compilations.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Welcome on the board! :wave:

I know it didn't happen, but that would be one duet I'd love to hear. I really loved Kate Bush. If you think the wait for the next U2 album has been bad, try being a Kate Bush fan. I've given up.:sad:

Biff, wasn't that also 1991, with The Red Shoes?

*is saying also because 1991 was also the year of Use Your Illusion*

Actually, I think it was 1993, but it was so long ago it hardly matters. There has been some positive buzz going on about a new album lately; it looks like it might actually happen this time (Hahaha!). Not getting my hopes up. (Did you know she had a baby a while back? That was a big surprise. Well, presumably not for her.:wink: )

I'm joining the skeptics' club on this one. It would be cool if it did exist, though. I love Kate Bush.

(Edited to add this applies to both the supposed duet with Bono as well as a new album by Kate)

Last edited:
Have I been under a rock or something? I have no idea who Kate Bush is.

:eek:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70405040653370929&sql=Bjifpxqw5ldfe

From All Music:

One of the most successful and popular solo female acts of the past 20 years to come out of England, Kate Bush is also one of the most unusual, with her keening vocals and unusually literate and complex body of songs.

By 1977, she was ready to enter the recording studio and begin her formal career, which she did with an original song, "Wuthering Heights," based on material from Emily Bront?'s novel.

After two years' absence, Bush re-emerged in August of 1985 with "Running Up That Hill," which reached number three on the English charts and became her second biggest-selling single. The accompanying album, Hounds of Love, the first record made at her 48-track home studio, debuted on the British charts at the number one position in September of 1985 and remained there for a full month, and soon after "Running Up That Hill" gave Bush her long-awaited American breakthrough, reaching number 30 on Billboard's charts.

:shame:

Oh, and here's a picture of her (from the mid-Eighties I guess).

bush_k.jpg

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom