Best Song Survivor: Rattle and Hum Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
It appears that Interference does not believe in God Part II, as it was eliminated in the last round. And so begins Rattle and Hum's final round, with four songs competing for three slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Seems logical enough that most of the God Part II voters will go over to Desire next. This is good.

Desire has thoroughly overstayed its welcome in this tournament, far as I'm concerned. It's a good lead single and all, but it can't compare with Heartland or AIWIY, and Hawkmoon's pretty well ahead of it too - especially when the live version is taken into account.

I actually think Desire is one of their weaker lead singles. The Lovetown versions with the "shredding" were great, but it's a pretty underwhelming and generic track. Easily the worst of the ones remaining.

Given the current voting situation and how bad an album Rattle and Hum actually is, both Hawkmoon and Desire should just go and we can have AIWIY and Heartland as our only R&H-contenders.

Desire. For me Hawkmoon and AIWIY should make it to the end. Don't really care for Heartland, but yeah, Desire's a better chance of saving Hawkmoon.

hawks-logo1.jpg
Full-Moon-plane.jpg
269.jpg

Love me some Desire. Hawkmoon needed another hundred or so mixes. Call me when Hawkmoon 369 is out :lol:

It's interesting... even though some would say that Interference tends to favor "the hits" less than the general public, up until now, our polling wouldn't suggest that. But it looks like Rattle and Hum's two biggest hits are being eliminated in favor of two non-single little gems.

Very tough choice. I like both songs. Lovetown and Zoo TV Desire were great, afterwards not so much. Hawkmoon live is a beast.

All I Want Is You and Heartland will proceed obviously and I'm actually fine with either Desire or Hawkmoon.

It's interesting... even though some would say that Interference tends to favor "the hits" less than the general public, up until now, our polling wouldn't suggest that. But it looks like Rattle and Hum's two biggest hits are being eliminated in favor of two non-single little gems.

I would've said AIWIY is one of the two biggest songs from R&H, and that's going through essentially unchallenged.

Fun comparison with last time: the top five was the same (Desire, Hawkmoon, Heartland, God Part II, AIWIY), but the order of elimination was different - and only two R&H tracks went through to the finals, not three. Hawkmoon was actually first of the five to leave in a close tussle with God Part II, but then Desire went next. God Part II would've been a finalist had this tournament's rules applied. But it perished in the final R&H round, losing convincingly to Heartland and AIWIY.

So the popularity of God Part II on Interference has gone down and the popularity of Hawkmoon has gone up in the intervening three years. (Though in 2009, the board was more active and the tournament had about twice as many voters than now, so there is that factor to consider.)

Though in 2009, the board was more active and the tournament had about twice as many voters than now, so there is that factor to consider

:(

I suppose it's not surprising. 2009 was an album and tour year.

There are lots of people who used to be regulars that I rarely (if ever) see post anymore.

:(

I suppose it's not surprising. 2009 was an album and tour year.

Yeah ... not sure we've run a Survivor at such a dead period before. But at least it's inspiring SOME activity and discussion on EYKIW.

Stoked that Hawkmoon's a finalist.

Where's digitize and the first Achtung Baby round! :tsk:

(Or hang on, is it late eighties non-album/finals time? Either way!)

Where's digitize and the first Achtung Baby round! :tsk:

(Or hang on, is it late eighties non-album/finals time? Either way!)

It is non-album time. Sorry for the delay... I've been swamped today

It is non-album time. Sorry for the delay... I've been swamped today

Let me know if you ever need me to return to the Survivor Poll Creation fold. I'm just procrastinating my arse off at work! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom