Best Song Survivor: Rattle and Hum Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Desire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angel of Harlem

• Heartland

• All I Want Is You

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
In the last round, it was determined that Still Haven't Found has not found a place in the late 1980s quarterfinals round. Instead, Where the Streets Have No Name, With or Without You, Running to Stand Still, and One Tree Hill shall represent The Joshua Tree in quarterfinals. Now we move onto Rattle and Hum. Rattle and Hum shall be represented by three songs in that quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Once we get down to about 6 songs left, this is going to be harder than The Joshua Tree.

Let's just close the poll now and eliminate When Love Comes To Town and Love Rescue me. I don't think either has a chance to make it to the top 7 for the album.

The three that should progress are Heartland, GP2 and AIWIY. For the time being...plz rescue me from Love Rescue Me. Excrutiatingly bad.

The three that should progress are Heartland, GP2 and AIWIY....

I wish there was a 4th space for Desire because yeah I probably agree here. :up: I'll have to decide between Desire and Heartland when I get there. Two completely different songs but Desire is so good too.

BlueSilkenSky said:
Love Rescue Me.

I love the choices from The Joshua Tree that made it. :up: Nice voting, people!

I'm very pleased as well. I got exactly what I was hoping for.

The worst album. As long as the cringeworthy God Part II and the never ending Love Rescue Me depart early, I'll be satisfied. When Love Comes To Town ad Hawkmoon are not too memorable either, so get rid of them too.

Heartland, Desire, Angel of Harlem to progress hopefully.

Ranking the album for me:

01. All I Want Is You
02. Heartland
03. Angel Of Harlem
04. Desire
05. God Part II
06. Hawkmoon 269
07. Van Diemen's Land
08. When Love Comes To Town
09. Love Rescue Me

Pour moi, c'est:

1. Hawlmoon 269
2. Heartland
3. All I Want Is You
4. Desire
5. Angel of Harlem
6. Van Dieman's Land
7. When Love Comes To Town
8. God Part II
9. Love Rescue Me

This album used to be my second favorite U2 album, way back when I had only heard four of them.

Van Diemen's Land is easily the worst here. I can understand people voting for Love Rescue Me over it (remember they played that live on 360? :lol:) but When Love Comes to Town? Really? Come on. It might not be great but it's still fun, something that most definitely cannot be said about Tasmania.

digitize said:
I'm very pleased as well. I got exactly what I was hoping for.

Me three :up:

Love Rescue Me is the one massive clunker here. Total garbage, and not even the Recent Resurrection on Tour Effect can save it.

The three songs I want to make the finals are Heartland, Hawkmoon, and God Part II ... AIWIY only juuust misses out as a very close fourth in my rankings, but I know it'll probably qualify the easiest and that's fine by me. Just as long as Heartland makes it!

WLCTT is good fun. I don't know why it cops so much flak. It's actually one of the U2 songs I used to hear the most on Gold Coast radio back in the nineties - around 1997-98, I'd hear New Year's Day and WLCTT aaaaall the time. Not sure I heard a single Pop song! Maybe SATS once or twice.

That said, WLCTT can't compete with Heartland, Hawkmoon, God Part II, and AIWIY. I think it's better than VDL and Angel of Harlem though ... better than studio Desire too, but those Lovetown versions of Desire push it fractionally ahead overall.

That said, WLCTT can't compete with Heartland, Hawkmoon, God Part II, and AIWIY.

Agreed ... although I don't love God Part II nearly as much as the rest you listed (including WLCTT).

I'm just always surprised when it fails to get much love.

I'm not sure what will progress from this round. AIWIY obviously will, but I think that any two of Hawkmoon, Heartland, Desire, and Angel of Harlem could as well.

Desire and Angel of Harlem both ran out of steam for me some years ago, so I have a hard time trying to determine how "good" they are. I just never want to listen to them.

corianderstem said:
Desire and Angel of Harlem both ran out of steam for me some years ago, so I have a hard time trying to determine how "good" they are. I just never want to listen to them.

Two of my favorites from R&H. AOH is my happy song. Never fails to brighten my mood.

When Love Comes to Town. Not too bad, but not a fave on my part. Love Rescue Me however screams, 'We're Irish men trying really hard to appeal to the country scene of America for some reason!' Glad to see it's going.

I'm stunned somebody's already voted for Hawkmoon 269.

I'm not sure what will progress from this round. AIWIY obviously will, but I think that any two of Hawkmoon, Heartland, Desire, and Angel of Harlem could as well.

I think Heartland will go through, it's generally been a fan favourite and done well in past Survivors.

The third place could be bloody close though.

I don't really dislike any of these songs. It's actually got a lot of good songs but it's still just weirdly low on the U2 totem pole. But some of these songs are just excellent.

If U2 had released R&H as a studio-only album, including a couple of the b-sides/unreleased tracks also lying around at the time, I reckon it could've been one of the band's best albums.

Instead they put out a confused, scatterbrained mess.

01. All I Want Is You
02. Heartland
03. Angel Of Harlem
04. Desire
05. When Love Comes To Town
06. Love Rescue Me
07. Hawkmoon 269
08. Van Diemen's Land
09. God Part II

God, really an amazing album.

Back
Top Bottom