Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm tryin to put myself into 13 year old GAF's shoes. When I first got into U2...which of these two songs hit me the hardest? I loved them both immediately, but it was WOWY that really got me goin. Maybe the first U2 song I memorized all the words to.

WOWY ftw.

Damn....I voted wrong! I voted on Bad but I think Bad is better than WOWY :huh:

I sent a request to the mods earlier to have Gretzky's mistaken vote changed and it looks like that's been done, so I'll send in another to get your vote modified. Looks like every vote's going to count in this round ...

Tough one, would have much preferred The Unforgettable Fire vs ISHFWILF if we were to have a JTvsUF showdown, but alas...

With Or Without You is a better song than Bad, not by much though......Bad has my vote.

This is tighter than the virgin mary

Bad, at this point WOWY is the superior song for me. It's so simple, yet so complex. The incredibly simple bass just adds to the power, and Edge's infinite guitar, just brilliant. That song is one of a kind.

Bad just lacks a bit of variation, and I do realise how ridiculous that sounds compared to WOWY's repetitive bassline, but the guitar makes up much for that, which lacks so completley in Bad.

as much as i worship WOWY bad is a far superior song in its live incarnations ... bloody tough final, both worthy victors

This contest is album versions only. So it's not quite fair to base your vote on a live version.

If it were live WOWY would've never come this far with the awful performances the past 10 years.

wasnt basing my vote on live versions wholly though , and i doubt i will matter what i based my vote on , could be two flies crawling up a wall, everyone changes their vote anyway .

Taking into consideration the story and inspiration behind Bad, I can't think of a song that better represents U2 as a band.

To adapt a song about one of the most complex, painful, and heart-wrenching drugs on the planet, mold it together with the band's personal experiences, and have the result be a universally-accessible anthem where the words, whether Bono choses "isolation," "revelation," "temptation," or "separation" work with mind-f%$*ing brilliance every time is a truly beautiful thing.

WOWY worked for me during the Elevation tour when the heart lit up and everyone gave a big cheer, but Bad comes across in the daylight, in the dark, in concert, or on your headphones on the tube back from work.

Bad will always be my #1

I agree with your description of Bad. An amazing song, and a worthy opponent to WOWY for sure. Both are just :drool: for me. Either could win this and I'll be good :up:

Amazingly close. Voted Bad...if it was WOWY vs. Fly I'd have voted WOWY. Pity.

I'd just like to indicate here that I will be adding one vote to WOWY's total at the end. I saw Alisaura this evening and she won't have Internet access to vote before the poll closes; she wishes to eliminate WOWY and I will manually add her vote.

Also i disagree with these extra votes and changes... they never applied to previous rounds, so why this 1??

Er, yes they did. Keep up. People who accidentally vote for the wrong song have always had their vote changed, and I have always accepted write-in votes from people unable to log on and vote before the round closes.

WOWY-picture perfect in studio and Bad is good but the epic live version we all know and love. It's a top 3 song off of TUF but not the best U2 song ever.

STOP VOTING BASED ON THE LIVE VERSION!!! :lol:

I understand the live vs. studio argument, but there's nothing about this vote that says we can only consider a song's studio performance. The rules say "Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete," which means that Springhill Minining Disaster won't get a pass, but that doesn't mean we have to disregard what we know about songs when they evolve in live performances.

If I'm wrong, lemme know! That's the assumption I've been going on throughout this contest.

Get ready for tomorrow's bonus round, winner vs. WTSHNN vs. One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom