Best Song Survivor: Grand Final XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the eleventh grand final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave just one song left standing as the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the tenth grand final, another close battle was fought. Until The End Of The World was voted into sixth place.

Now we enter EYKIW's top five, with one War song, two Unforgettable Fire songs, one Joshua Tree song, and one Achtung Baby song left.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
16. Kite
15. Moment Of Surrender
14. Gone
13. Magnificent
12. Beautiful Day
11. A Sort Of Homecoming
The Top 10
10. Zooropa
9. Stay
8. All I Want Is You
7. One Tree Hill
6. Until The End Of The World

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
38 votes: Until The End Of The World
34: The Unforgettable Fire
24: New Year's Day
9: Bad
7: The Fly
4: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 116)

Darn. That was the best song left. :angry:

1) With or Without You
2) New Year's Day
3) Bad
4) The Fly
5) The Unforgettable Fire

This is hard. I love NYD and UF too much and too equally to vote one to protect the other.

I'd rank Bad third. It's been a U2 favourite of mine since I was eleven and I never get tired of it.

The Fly vs WOWY is agonising ... they're both great songs, and I perhaps like The Fly's studio a bit less than I used to, but I do wish WOWY didn't just peter out into nothing, and The Fly has better lyrics.

So yay, time to waste a vote on WOWY.

of course i love each song, but TUF would have to be the weakest one left.

1. Bad
2. With or Without You
3. TUF :( Even though it's gonna lose now:doh:

The Fly is a very weak song compared to the rest of the songs here.

NYD. I don't understand why it's still here, in the company of greatness. I personally think it's a great song by U2 80s standards, but I'd swap it out for many, many 90s (or NLOTH) songs.

Can't vote for NYD. It's the pinnacle of early '80s U2.
Can't vote for TUF. It's too layered and atmospheric. Beautiful song.
Can't vote for Bad. It's too damn epic.
Can't vote for The Fly. It has great, great lyrics and an awesome solo.

I can easily vote for WOWY, however.

:gah: to you voting for TUF :tongue:

yes, am being a tanty throwing 3 y.o but dammit I love that song

anyways ... the goosebumple meter is still not even registering a blippo for NYD (except for that really shouty bit at the beginning :D ) and could not in all good faith vote for Bad, TUF, WOWY or The Fly . . . they are just too bloody good and send the goosebumples meter into possible cardiac arrest :loveshower:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom