Best Song Survivor: Boy Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Another Time, Another Place was defeated in the last round, leaving five songs competing for three slots out from Boy to quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I'll probably vote I Will Follow like last round, but if Out Of Control emerges as a more viable candidate to save Twilight then I would happily change my vote. I love both IWF and OOC and view them about equally, but I love the other three more and would rather they make the finals.

(Disappointed - but not surprised - ATAP was kicked out.)

All of these songs are so good! But I have to say Twilight this round, over An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, though it's a close call.

This is getting into mercy rule territory. Fucking shame too. Twilight is such a good, under-rated song, and absolutely killed live. One of my top thirty U2 songs ... probably top twenty.

Not a big fan of Twilight, but I agree it's a good song.

This survivor made me listen to Boy again and it's a damn fine album:up:

It's interesting that Twilight made it this far, because it really doesn't hold up to the songs it's now trying to stay afloat with. And the current votes seem to confirm it. Funny world it is. :hmm:

It's got far more to say than Electric Co, also. It's twice (at least) the song EC is. I find Electric Co, lyrically, to be mainly gibberish that's only very loosely about something tangible by a very serious leap of imagination. It's definitely one of the more glaring examples of Bono just making it up on the mic on the spot and that being the final product. The music is what saves it.

It's got far more to say than Electric Co, also. It's twice (at least) the song EC is. I find Electric Co, lyrically, to be mainly gibberish that's only very loosely about something tangible by a very serious leap of imagination. It's definitely one of the more glaring examples of Bono just making it up on the mic on the spot and that being the final product. The music is what saves it.

I agree with the music saving TEC. That's why it's still there.

Yeah, uhm, but TEC ROCKS live.

And Twilight still has that hint of paedophilia... which is... yeah.. uhm..

Twilight goes out.

Meh. Interference is quite boring as far as Boy is concerned. Infected by the outside world.

And Twilight still has that hint of paedophilia... which is... yeah.. uhm..

I disagree. No more than the original cover of Boy has that "hint". U2 yanked Rowan's photo after people let them know that there was some concern that it could be seen that way and went out of their way to explain that's not what was meant. Subsequent pressings had a blurred picture of the band. Subsequent pressings did not exclude Twilight, nor did their shows.

It's not about pedophilia, period. I've never seen it that way, not even way back then when I was a teen. :shrug:

I find it surprising that even if it is about pedophilia (which I don't think it is), this should be a factor into people disliking the song. In any case, the lyrics certainly do not condone pedophilia.

But to all of you who feel uncomfortable with the song for that reason, I'd recommend a sweet little family movie called Happiness.

^ Pretty much. Every time I hear that argument, I can't help but think the same thing (and also "so what?") Like you say, it's hardly an endorsement of it! Quite the opposite, if it's to be understood in that context.

I disagree. No more than the original cover of Boy has that "hint". U2 yanked Rowan's photo after people let them know that there was some concern that it could be seen that way and went out of their way to explain that's not what was meant. Subsequent pressings had a blurred picture of the band. Subsequent pressings did not exclude Twilight, nor did their shows.

It's not about pedophilia, period. I've never seen it that way, not even way back then when I was a teen. :shrug:

Only in America.

In Europe we had the cover without any issue....

At this point I'm hopeful that at least one of the remaining two I really want to see make it will. I'm for I Will Follow and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart to make it into the finals.

And mentally bracing myself for when my second favorite song off October gets gutted. I still cannot fathom for the life of me why people do so hate Is That All? To me it's one of their most rocking early songs and I love love love the guitar work.

The October rounds will be hard for me. Because it means I have to listen to all the songs again, which I haven't done in so long because I don't quite care for them.

Back
Top Bottom