Best CD booklet/liner notes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Palace_Hero said:
Then don't post in the thread. :shame: ;)

:eyebrow:

Not EVERYONE has to like them, surely...?! What's wrong with people saying when they don't?

Anyway, MY favourite is The Joshua Tree. Perfect medium between Simple and Overblown, if you catch my drift. Fantastic layout, black and white photos and so on...

#1 ZOOROPA great creative computer art
#2 POP silver-orange colors come flash
#3 ACHTUNG BABY cool stuff

@ponkine
i just notice you're from Chile. which part do you live there?
i travel to Chile in nov/dec 05

Hi Jacobus :wave:

I´m from Viña Del Mar (120 kms west to Santiago, in the central coast). Surely you´ll want to know my city ;) So please let me know when you´ll get Chile, I´d love to invite you a drink or something, also I´d be the perfect tourist guide :lol:

Keep in touch at ponkine@yahoo.com, also I´ve MSN: ponkine@hotmail.com

Saludos :wave:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yes it's a great cover, but the inside photo I think is one of the worse I've ever seen. The band all wrapped in winter coats and the insert of Larry, just looks like he didn't show up for the original photo shoot.

Are we thinking of the same photo? I mean, we might be. It's got the band against like a zebra-striped background. Everyone's in their winter coats except Larry whose wearing a leather jacket. Is this the same one as you're thinking of?

lazarus said:

My thoughts exactly. The photos are from so many different places it really seems like the band have become internationalists charting the chaos of the modern world, which plays into the theme of ZooTV. The cover, which is an homage to Exile on Main Street while surpassing it in color and coolness. The way the lyrics are typeset and laid out, with the cursive scrawl in the background behind them. The way the song titles on the back have some words in all caps, and underneath where is proclaims: "Recorded in BERLIN and DUBLIN". The cardboard digipack edition that has those 3 extra sepia-toned studio shots. Te picture of Bono blowing out smoke. The Berlin metro map showing the U2. Edge's U2 rings. The shot of the motionless band in a moving sea of people. U2 in DRAG. The trabant behind a cemetery. The centerfold pick of Bono and Larry with the cars. The debut of THE FLY. Adam in drag--glamorous! NAKED Adam. The shot of the band with Bono leaning on the wall. Limp-wristed Brian Eno.

I love the Zooropa and POP booklet, but this one just has too many riches to be topped.

that's pretty deep. i have the folded cover Achtung too, i like that the best.

Back
Top Bottom