Beautiful Day Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Well, I was originally going to start an "All That You Can't Leave Behind Appreciation Thread", but I figured this would result in more good responces and all around good-ness. Plus, that's one long thread title for an appreciation thread. ;)

Anyway, I strongly feel that Beautiful Day is the best song U2 have produced since Achtung Baby. It's a perfect rock song. It's a perfect pop song. It's soaring. It's quiet. It's loud. It's majestic. It's gorgeous. It's blue. It's white. It converted an entire generation into U2 fans. It's simply wonderful. It's Beautiful Day.

Share the love.

Yeah, I like the song alot.
I'm still not quite sure whether it makes me happy or sad - I never have been.
The melody and lyrics are quite perfect. Relatively simple, but perfect.

I'm not quite sure U2 would be enjoying the success they are today had that song not come along.

.....and what makes the song even better is when it is actually a beautiful day like well today:drool:

It certainly is one of their best:wink:

..ATYCLB is a great album too:cool:

The best song U2 have produced since AB? You've got to be kidding me. It's a good song but there are probably at least 20 U2 songs since AB that are easily better than BD.

:up: :up: :up:

This song has a special feeling for me. It was the song that converted me to a truly U2 fan.

Nowadays probably isn't top 10 or top 15 for me... but I still have a special love for this song.

Great uplifter and awesome melody and lyrics. Altough, now I prefer Walk on, Kite and WILATW on ATYCLB. Beautiful Day is my 4th preference

Lancemc said:
Anyway, I strongly feel that Beautiful Day is the best song U2 have produced since Achtung Baby. It's a perfect rock song. It's a perfect pop song. It's soaring. It's quiet. It's loud. It's majestic. It's gorgeous. It's blue. It's white. It converted an entire generation into U2 fans. It's simply wonderful. It's Beautiful Day.

Yeah, you're right... It's simply U2

Its a Beautiful Song! I'd also argue about it being the best since AB. (For example, a little song called "Kite") I also feel that its more Pop than Rock...but I don't care! It did introduce a whole new generation to U2. Can that be a bad thing?

Their BEST song since Achtung Baby? No way. Their most important since AB? Much more likely.

Beautiful Day is the song that single-handedly saved me from bad music. I'd been a U2 fan since Pop but around '99 I started getting into pop music, boy bands, you know... so I was listening to U2 a lot less and shitty music a lot more. Then Beautiful Day came out...first time I heard it I thought "cool, a new U2 song" and that was about it. Second time I heard it...WHOA! It totally blew me away. I HAD to have that album and listen to the song 208967 times. Once I got ATYCLB, I was in love with U2 again...and soon after I started getting into The Beatles, and from that point I never listened to crappy pop music again! :D

Beautiful Day is amazing live, especially this tour, the band really has it down, one of the highlights of my concert... Edge's solo at the end :bow: The only complaint I could possibly have about this song is the intro, but once you get to the first line "the heart is a bloom" (and what a great way to start a song!) it's pure gold from there. As Azor said, it's simply U2. It has all the elements that really define U2. It's a beautiful day!! :heart: :heart:

This song is amazing!

**One made U2 in the 90's
**Beautiful Day made U2 in the 00's
This song was U2's ticket to reclaiming the best band in the world title.

As someone already mentioned it brought about a new generation of U2 fans (me included). This is the song that started the U2 phenominon for me!

...What you don't have, you don't need it now
What you don't know, you can feel it somehow...

AtomicBono said:
Their BEST song since Achtung Baby? No way. Their most important since AB? Much more likely.

I agree! :up:

Beautiful Day gave U2 a new life and saved them from becoming what Pearl Jam are now... which I'm not really sure if it's a good thing or not. Cos there has definitely been a certain amount of compromise on creativity ever since they started riding this 'biggest band in the world' wave. Nevertheless, it's a really uplifting song and I :heart: it!

I want to thank AtomicBono for your post. It pretty much said it like I never could, but that's exactly how I feel. Thank you.

It is indeed the most IMPORTANT song since ONE. But, the way it makes me feel, and the way it appearantly makes a lot more of you feel as well. That joy inside, almost a musical salvation. That's what, im my most humble of opinions, makes this the BEST song as well. It's because it does what a great song is supposed to do. It makes you feel something. And for me, no other song stirs the emotions of joy, innocense, and clarity that Beautiful Day does.

Lancemc said:
Well, I was originally going to start an "All That You Can't Leave Behind Appreciation Thread", but I figured this would result in more good responces and all around good-ness. Plus, that's one long thread title for an appreciation thread. ;)

If you had titled it that ,it likely would have turned into a Pop VS ATYCLB thread.

:|

I got a little tired of the song when it first came out since it was played so much, but I really appreciate it more now. It's definately a song that everyone knows(U2 fan or not) and is on it's way to being a classic. I agree that it's one of the most important songs U2 has released. It did it's job and upon it's release U2 was everywhere(again)

:drool: I love this sooongg
i love it even more since its a great song when played live, but also because when people use the phrase "wow its beautiful day today..." or something of those sorts, i cant help but since the song :)

note: this song is a wonderful song to play really loud in a car stereo. i drive with all my windows down and sing so loud that people around me stare :D

Not my personal favorite, but I have alot of :heart: for it.

"See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light, and
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood, all the colors came out "

Those lyrics are as good as it gets, folks.

I can never get tired of this song. It's a masterpiece, a work of art. It deserved Best Song and Best Record at the Grammies. One of my favorite U2 songs. I always do air drums everytime I listen to this song. Larry rocks on this tune. So does Edge.

:rockon:

Definately what AtomicBono said about U2 saving us from bad music and also what assorted others said. For me this song was a very inspiring and signified one of the most important points of my life. This song... is great. One of the first U2 songs I heard, and it makes me happy and cry all at the same time. No matter how not great or how much less of an impact it is compared to the other greats out there (ie: AB) It's still one of the top songs in my book. :up:

Back
Top Bottom